• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
samauty

No Power To Radio....help

samauty

Ok here's a great one. :)

I ve recently had my dash out to fit an alarm/imob to stop my pride and joy been nicked, and ive put the car on the road this year, after it being in my workshop for quite some time.

I took my headunit out of my old car and went to fit it to the pug. However no joy. No power, nothing. Went to plug back in the old pug radio which did work prior to the dash removal and still nothing.

I have obviously not reconnected something somewhere, however i not really fancying taking the whole dash out again....

I have run a voltage test and it is getting 12v but no earth.

Where is the earth on these things which i may have disrupted?

Sam

swordfish210

theres an earth which is a big brown multi plug just above the fuse box, see if thats connected

samauty

Problem fixed!

haha I feel a little stupid really. :D

I didnt realise that to make the radio actually work and turn on it has to be installed into its cage. durrrrrrrr! Supose you learn all these things as you go.

Although... is there any way to make the radio turn off when you take the key out of the ignition as i dont really want my radio flashing its heart out with lights and running my battery down.

Thanks for the reply though mate!

Sign in to follow this