• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
les3002

What Size Phosphor Bronze Bearings

les3002

going to be ordering some phos bronze rods in work monday so i thought seeing as my beam is knackered i would look into ordering a bit extra to make the bearings for the pug, anyone know what dimensions to make them too, wont have time over the weekend to strip my beam down and that measure up.

may be able to make up a few sets if the material doesnt cost a fortune.

snillet
may be able to make up a few sets if the material doesnt cost a fortune.

That is often a problem though, the materialcost.

I would also be interrested in the meashurements :), watching this thread :blink:

If you can make up sets for shipping i might be interrested in that to, as said above, i´ll keep an eye on this.

I know that "Zilog" has doned this to his beam.

Edited by snillet

welshpug

the measurements are out there in the forum, 205 parts already sell the bushes though.

les3002

ill see what i can find might work out cheaper to get them from 205 parts though, wasnt aware you could buy them.

les3002

found them :)

Outer bearing:

* Width 21.87mm (0.861 ins)

* Outer Diameter 53.17mm (2.093 ins)

* Beam shaft 47mm exactly.

The measurements I have for the inner bearing are:

OD = 49.0mm

ID = 42.0mm

Width = 21.9mm

Flix
found them :P

Outer bearing:

* Width 21.87mm (0.861 ins)

* Outer Diameter 53.17mm (2.093 ins)

* Beam shaft 47mm exactly.

The measurements I have for the inner bearing are:

OD = 49.0mm

ID = 42.0mm

Width = 21.9mm

I made a set a few weeks ago to these sizes. The bore size above is actually the shaft size, so make the bore 0.1/0.15 bigger. Mine will need flapping out when fitted.

Also the width of the inner bearings is immeterial as they do not fit up to a shoulder in the axle.

welshpug

IIRC you can double the width of the inner bush if you wish as the bearing surface is about double the width of the original needle bearing.

just measure the arm shaft to confirm, you may also be able to do a similar thing with the outer bush.

les3002

cheers mate ill look into it.

pug_ham

You can't change the width of the outer bush / bearing by much more than a few mm because it sits into a recess thats only just wider than the bearing on the centre tube.

You can make the inner bearing wider but the maximum you can make it is 40mm & you'd have to reduce the amount its knocked in by a similar amount of the extra width (approx 180mm into the tube).

Graham.

Sign in to follow this