• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
McPikie

406 1.8 16v Engines

DrSarty
As in the other thread though, you can just bolt on (not ideal in sandy's opinion but surely better than the std head) a gti6 head and use both manifolds. This gets rid of the restricting factors. Obviously it wouldn't run on standard mangement though.

Yes you can; but why would you? You'd have all of the bits of a '6 and make less power. The cost of the bits (plus the time doing it) could've bought you a complete '6 engine, ECU & loom.

danpug

I don't know, ask sandy, hes got a soft spot for them! :)

DrSarty
I don't know, ask sandy, hes got a soft spot for them! :)

Too many pasties; but 100% reliable. :P

Edited by DrSarty

danpug

Sounds about right!

Emmy Seize

Does anyone know what such an engine is capable of mpg-wise?

I´m thinking of using one of my cars as a daily driver in the near future, as i don´t need my TDI anymore.

Would converting to an LFY engine improve economy ?

Edited by Emmy Seize

Sandy

It's about 35-38mpg, similar to a sensibly driven Mi16 and significantly better than a GTi6!

24seven

Rgarding the mapping of these things, I emailed wayne@chipwizards about it (Sagem SL96 iirc) whio said yes it is mappable, but since few people bother with the XU7 there's not a massive amount that can be done to it.

and yes, even as standard these things sound awesome :(.

Sign in to follow this