• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
lybker

Rpm Gauge From Diesel 205?

lybker

was there ever produced a dash with a diesel rpm gauge for a 205 like the STDT or something?

If so any idea where to get one - as I need a replacement one for my 205 (fitted a diesel engine into a petrol model)and currently I have a "tasty" green one from a citroen BX Dturbo

Thank u in advance!

Edited by lybker

Mikey S
was there ever produced a dash with a diesel rpm gauge for a 205 like the STDT or something?

If so any idea where to get one - as I need a replacement one for my 205 (fitted a diesel engine into a petrol model)and currently I have a "tasty" green one from a citroen BX Dturbo

Thank u in advance!

yes, the stdt was fitted with a rev counter. the best bet too find one would be ebay but they dont come up that often.

what sort of torque does your hdi engined 205 produce, cause that power figure looks mental! :wub::lol:

lybker

Thanks for the info - will have a look.

Please if any know of someone breakin up a STDT let me know ;-)

yes, the stdt was fitted with a rev counter. the best bet too find one would be ebay but they dont come up that often.

what sort of torque does your hdi engined 205 produce, cause that power figure looks mental! :wub::lol:

Which one ;-)

205 HDI 2,2L 16v

206 HDI 2,2L 16V

205 HDI 2L 8v

Mikey S

:wub::lol:

top marks for ingenuity! how did you manage to get it to run with the multiplexing?

i bet it surprises a few things down the old drag strip! :(

welshpug

I'm sure I read that its a loom from an earlier non-multiplex HDi, remapped to suit.

one thing to note, what kind of signal does the HDi ECU send? it may not work with the older type rev counter, unless it uses a TDC sensor like the old XUD'd used.

lybker
I'm sure I read that its a loom from an earlier non-multiplex HDi, remapped to suit.

..It is multiplex, was a bitch to do but worked the after the first try :-)

one thing to note, what kind of signal does the HDi ECU send? it may not work with the older type rev counter, unless it uses a TDC sensor like the old XUD'd used.

Hmm Maybe I can fit an old TDC sensor besides the HDI one - allready got alot of double sensors to get everything working - anyone got a wiringscheme or just a general idea of how to wire this type of RPM gauge up?

bluespanner

My DTurbo has a tachometer, and the DTurb is considerably more common that the STDT, maybe you'll have more luck there.

Sign in to follow this