• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob Thomson

Brake Shoes

Rob Thomson

There are hundreds of threads on here about which brake pads to use, but I've never seen one about shoes...

The 1.6 will be getting a brake overhaul in the next few weeks, and it'll be treated to new drums, shoes and cylinders. I'll get the drums and cylinders from GSF, but what about the shoes? The car will get driven hard and also see a bit of handbrake action from time to time. I'm sure standard shoes would be up to the job, but I'm always suspicious of cheap and chearful pattern parts. Are the shoes supplied by GSF any good?

Thanks, Rob.

welshpug

I've used shoes from GSF, they were O.E (i.e Bendix or girling, cant remember which) handbrake was excellent after :wacko:

nearly all the brake parts they sell are original manufacture, though they do sometimes have an option of brands depending on which part you're looking at.

very good price too,

T63106 BRAKE SHOE SET-REAR 205 1.6 GTi GIRLING £15.00 (+vat, pre any discount)

T65410 WHEEL CYLINDER 205 GTi&TD GIRLING SYS £13.75

oddly I couldn't find a price for drums on the website, but the catalogue I have lists them as;

T60006 DRUM 2051.6 GTi/TD/309 £21.50 (bendix/lucas typically)

hope that helps rob :lol: make sure the handbrake/self adjusting mechanism is good though, they are quite expensive and only available from Peugeot as far as I know.

Rob Thomson

That's great, thanks.

I've been wondering about the self-adjusters...

Sign in to follow this