• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M_R_205

Need A Pic / Diagram Of The Rear Brake Lines

M_R_205

the mot`er is DEMANDING that i fit a rubber flexible hose to the back of my pug insted of the straight braided line i have on atm, does anyone have an image or diagrm of that area as i cant for the life of me remember how it looks,

(will get and MOT eventualy!!!!)

Cheers :)

pug_ham

I've not got a picture of the full run but iirc there should be a bracket on the underside of the shell behind the tank on each side (on a 1.9, the T piece on the 1.6 has a female union instead) which the flexi is held into by a clip & the solid line union threads into, the other bracket is on the lower shock bolt & the flexi loops round to this & swaps back to a solid line, either right to the caliper or to the bracket behind the caliper for the flexi to the caliper on the 1.9 GTi.

I've got a couple of pictures showing pictures of this if you need them (mainly the brackets on the beam), let me know & I'll post them up.

The solid pipe loops out of the front of the flexi then bends round to run along the radius arm to the next bracket / wheel cylinder.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this