• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sussex_gti

Mi16 Conversion Wiring Needed

sussex_gti

Just bought a complete,running bx16v for not a lot of money. i'm fine with the mechanical sides of things, and am a mechanic so no problem with wiring. Just want to know what wires go where? I've searched under a few things, but doesnt want to know. All i need to know is what wires go where.

Cheers,

Chris.

jackherer

Keep the wires from the existing engine loom for all the gauge sensors and the starter and alternator then splice the thick yellow wire on a two pin plug on the BX loom to wire 32a on the brown multiplug under the dash, splice the thin green wire on the same two pin plug onto wire 112 on the under dash plug then the yellow wire with a spade connector near the ecu plug needs to go to 76 on the 205 then plug the blue wire with a spade connector into the black power distribution block. These four wires are ignition switched live, tacho, fuel pump and permanent 12v respectively. Thats pretty much it and all off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure its all right.

luggy: thats for the 405 loom which is totally different to the BX one.

jackherer

Chris: what condition is the BX in? It seems a shame to break one now they are so rare but if you are determined can you make sure you offer the remaining parts on the BX 16v forum please?

jackherer

again thats for the 405, not the BX.

luggy
luggy: thats for the 405 loom which is totally different to the BX one.

Sorry :ph34r:

welshpug

aaahh nooo! I wish I could find one before they all go!

jackherer
aaahh nooo! I wish I could find one before they all go!

Get this one off Chris and stick an XU10 of some sort in it :ph34r:

sussex_gti

I've only had a quick look round the car and heard it running. I'm picking it up tomorrow and will have a good look round it. If it seems good, then i may sell it on, because as you say it would seem a shame to break it. Whats the link for the bx forum? If anyone has anymore help for wiring that would be great.

welshpug

cant help much on the wiring I'm afraid! all I know is that Citroen love using green, yellow, and grey wires, as I;ve converted my zx16v to gti6 power

Get this one off Chris and stick an XU10 of some sort in it :lol:

you say that, I have an engine from aforementioned zx in need of a rebuild so that would be sooooo.............

I'd get lynched by my mum :ph34r:

sussex_gti

What she doesnt know and all that! I'll have the engine and loom, you buy the rest!

whizzer71

If it comes to it Chris Ill come down and do it for you,it really is soooooooo easy !!! :wacko:

Regards

Tris

Edited by whizzer71

Sign in to follow this