• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pacey205

Rear Wheel Rubbing On Arch

pacey205

So youve fitted the 1.9 front mounts onto your 309 beam Henry (apologies if Im a little slow but I jetlagged and ill!)

Michael

Edited by pacey205

welshpug

I figured this out 18 months ago :ph34: :)

Henry Yorke
So youve fitted the 1.9 front mounts onto your 309 beam Henry (apologies if Im a little slow but I jetlagged and ill!)

Michael

Almost. 1.9 mounts onto a 1.6 spec beam that has had discs fitted to it. The 309 and 1.6 GTI have the same beam mounts. The 1.9 GTI has those that make the axle sit further back. If yours has a 309 beam and is catching on the front of the arch then fit 1.9 mounts to make it sit further back. I thought I would post the results back up here for you Michael :) I hate technical posts that never have a solution, especially when everyone says "do a search!"

I figured this out 18 months ago :ph34: :D

I know that, you found out through your own stupidity in building it back up incorrectly!! :blush: I have had the parts for a while now but only just got round to putting them on - one of those little jobs that is a lot of hassle for such a niggly little thing.

Edited by Henry Yorke

Sign in to follow this