• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ashley peddle

[trackday_prep] My 205 8v Build

ashley peddle

well it all started when i swapped my 306 gti6 for this tastey little 205... sorry if there are too many pics but i do get a bit snap happy!

IMG_4202.jpg

current spec is:

1.9 GTi engine (lightly modified - cam/polishing)

1.6 gearbox/fly wheel

309 front running gear

309 rear beam with solid mounts / GTi6 dampers

4 branch manifold

gpN rubbers all round

koni shocks / springs

266 brakes

Full magnex exhaust (manifold back)

black 1.9 wheels with parada rubber

sunroof plated

october 2007

moved the seat foward a bit today - and fitted some 6 point harnesses

101_0494.sized.jpg

and stace (my other half) has been working on the 5 coats of paint on the roll cage

101_0490.sized.jpg

101_0498.sized.jpg

101_0498.sized.jpg

Edited by ashley peddle

ashley peddle

november 2007

Had the cage fitted at safety devices for quite a reasonible price (they are conviently located half a mile from my house in newmarket). I am VERY impresed with their work and it only took them 3 hours...

100_0506.sized.jpg

100_0508.sized.jpg

100_0509.sized.jpg

100_0507.sized.jpg

100_0510.sized.jpg

ashley peddle

december

Now that the cage is fitted it was time to work on the interior and sunroof... a sever rub down and paint was in order so i used a wire brush extension on a drill to remove any rust/imperfections... i then washed it all painted it with hammerite - the results are obvious... I also installed a new fire extinguisher and spare wheel holder B)

The sunroof was fun (not) but im liking the look of it and it should be more than up to the job...

before:

HPIM1586.sized.jpg

after:

HPIM1587.sized.jpg

the plate waiting to be fitted:

HPIM1588.sized.jpg

and of course my new plates :lol: didnt like the french style ones - i had them on gromit a few years ago but they are everywhere now so not so special :)

HPIM1589.sized.jpg

HPIM1591.sized.jpg

the hosting website is currently playing up so i will update when it back up :blush:

Edited by ashley peddle

ashley peddle

so the christmas break finished and the holiday time gave me a chance to carry on the slog trying to get the car ready for a trackday i have booked in late Jan

working messy - i cant help it but its how i work best

HPIM1592.sized.jpg

all fitted and ready for painting

HPIM1593.sized.jpg

in primer

HPIM1595.sized.jpg

all finished

HPIM1597.sized.jpg

new sticker

HPIM1596.sized.jpg

Then i started on the interior... this is how it started:

HPIM1599.sized.jpg

done a little bit...

HPIM1601.sized.jpg

and a little bit more

HPIM1602.sized.jpg

half done (quite a difference to the other side!)

HPIM1603.sized.jpg

and how i left foxy looking tonight... rather happy with my 2 days work... more to follow shortly

HPIM1606.sized.jpg

Edited by ashley peddle

ashley peddle

january

everything in place ready to be fitted...

HPIM1608.sized.jpg

spare wheel holder test fitted

HPIM1609.sized.jpg

a bit more painted

HPIM1610.sized.jpg

break time :blush:

HPIM1611.sized.jpg

boot all painted up and spare wheel holder painted and fitted (thanks for the help tom :lol:)

HPIM1614.sized.jpg

subtle fire extinguisher :)

HPIM1615.sized.jpg

spot the deliberate mistake B)

HPIM1619.sized.jpg

new number plates fitted

HPIM1620.sized.jpg

and a rough idea of what im aiming the finished article to look like... cheers to nick for the photoshop :D

FOXY_GRAPHICS_2.sized.jpg

Edited by ashley peddle

GLPoomobile

Looking good B)

I always think those Nurburgring stickers look like a bad spot of lacquer peel :blush:

ashley peddle

ha ha never thought about it that way... i guess all i can say is you should have gone to spec-savers B)

MrG

looking good Ashley

where abouts in Newmarket are safety devices fitting place, I'm going to have one installed in mine and I am just down the road to you?

ashley peddle

Hi mate. from where you are you drive over the a14 bridge, straight over the burger king roundabout, right at the tescos roundabout but then go straight over the next roundabout (the one that actually takes you into tescos.) Then keep on that road; there is a dead-end turning on the right (just as the road turns sharply to the left) SD are just up there - really really nice people. customer service is second to none - they all carry mobiles so easy to contact and their price was more than half i could find anywhere else...

as for your pm - im still undecided on what to do fella so will give you a buzz when i know.

MrG

cheers for that, I spoke to SD and they did say they try not to get involved in fitting but I can't find anywhere else to do it thats localish so if they won't do it, I'll buy the cage and get someone to weld the brackets for me and I'll bolt it in myself..!

anyhow let me know.

SamGTi

Looks good. And somehow I really like the rear spoiler (I usually prefer 205's to look standard)

All Praise The GTI

hey, looks tidy mate

Dan Ingram

Looking good. How did you paint the interior?? Brush or spray and what paint did you use?

ashley peddle

on the interior i completely stripped it, sanded it down and then washed it with a damp sponge... i then used a tiny brush to do little bits (round the cage etc) I then used a small brush to paint the hard to reach places and then a larger brush to do the rest... I used Hammerite 'hammered' white :)

Silky

Ash, looks superb mate. Could you PM with details of where you got the spare wheel holder and battery box as currently after them but struggling to find them, thanks.

Stu

The battery box looks like one ive seen on ebay, i think its advertised as a caravan battery box? Im sure Ash will be along to correct me.. :wacko:

ashley peddle

ha ha close - its a marine battery box (for boats). was 4 times cheaper than black ones (but exactly the same construction) and i think the colours just compliment the car :wacko:

the spare wheel holder is from rally design i believe 0 was a christmas pressie from my mate :lol:

Alastairh

Looks good mate, and you've also made me hungry :lol:

Roll on lots of fun once it gets warmer :wacko:

kate205gti

looks good moof :lol: didnt realise you'd done so much painting!! i feel slack now :)

and yes it was a raldes wheel holder :blink:

Jrod

Looking good.

IMO you should mount the extinguisher in the front (just infront of the passanger seat or somewhere within reach)

Dino

Very nice Ashley :P

I'm not too keen on those massive bonnet and roof stickers though......

ashley peddle
looks good moof :D didnt realise you'd done so much painting!! i feel slack now :)

ha ha - well i had 3 days to kill up there so i thought i may as well go the whole hog :P and yes you are slack so get momo sorted ;)

Looking good.

IMO you should mount the extinguisher in the front (just infront of the passanger seat or somewhere within reach)

i do have one in the front too - but its a small one so this is more a sort of "back up" :)

Very nice Ashley :)

I'm not too keen on those massive bonnet and roof stickers though......

im not 100% convinced myself dude - but they are fairly cheap and if it looks pap i can always get them removed... :)

kate205gti

u back :)

email meeeeeee :) am bored :)