• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
boldy205

Steering Coloum

boldy205

Hi, i need the lower steering coloum joint for my J reg 205 GTI (WITH POWER STEERING, something the dealers dont understand!! B) ) I was quoted £140 ish from the dealers, just wondering if anyone has managed to get one from anywhere else? Also, i was wondering if the non power steeing one will fit as they are only £60 ish ? just a wild idea!!?

Thanks

Matt

Anthony

PAS and non-PAS are different unfortunately.

I think Euro Car Parts were selling the PAS lower UJ's for around £30 at one point, but not sure if they still are.

j_turnell

Just do a wanted post sure someone will have one, i may even have one will check. The non pas ones are longer so they wont fit im afraid, also need to make sure you get the right end, generally the earlier cars were square ended and the later cars splined, worth checking.

Anthony
The non pas ones are longer so they wont fit im afraid, also need to make sure you get the right end, generally the earlier cars were square ended and the later cars splined, worth checking.

AFAIK all PAS racks had the same fitment UJ - it's the non-PAS racks that have the early-late difference of square vs splined.

boldy205

thanks for the replies. ECP No longer sell them.

J TURNELL: Thanks, i will check whick end i have (oh er!) and get back to you, obviously i need one in good/mint condition!! B)

Thanks

Matt

jackherer

The ECP ones were odd anyway, they had a rubber bush in them that the peugeot ones don't have. I welded the two parts up so the bush would be ineffective but I wouldn't have bought another one even if they did still stock them.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...c=73088&hl=

Sign in to follow this