• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest SuperFLY

Nooooo Heater Matrix Is Fekked!

pug_ham
So, what about replacing the heaters fan?

Any tips on that?

Easy, same areaas swapping the fan resistor that adjusts the fan speed with dial position, three screws hold it into the heater housing & one plug (brown iirc) connected to it in passenger footwell under dash.

You can try oiling the bearings for the fan to quieten it down but finding a better quieter motor & oiling that can be better & more long term.

Graham.

Guest LittleRocket

Cheers everyone. I've not had chance to repair it yet - but aim to look at it next week. I've tasted the solution - and its definitely coolant - quite addictive I thought :) . I'm hoping it's just going to be the rings - as there is no damp in the footwells - just drips inside the stereo slot. I think I'll be able to fix it if I just print this topic off.

GLPoomobile

Sorry, but it's more likely to be the matrix. If the rings were leaking the coolant would drip off the elbow on the pipes and collect in the drivers footwell. If it's collecting above the stereo it sounds like it is leaking from the matrix core.

Guest LittleRocket

Just to let you know - I took the Heater Matrix out - didn't bother replacing it - piece of piss. I just joined the hoses up that were connected to the bulk head with a piece of copper. Then my immobiliser packed in :) . I've taken it out altogether now - more problems than benefits with that thing.

jackherer
I've tasted the solution - and its definitely coolant - quite addictive I thought :P .

coolant is extremely toxic, don't drink too much :(

however if you do drink a lot the antidote is alcohol so get on the spirits asap :)

hengti

don't drink any!

there was a case in the news recently of a guy who was left brain damaged after consuming only a small amount - his workmate (they worked in a garage) poured about 1-2 inches of a'freeze into a cola bottle, which the guy then drank from

can be very dangerous

only taste it on the end of a finger

then you can start on the Vodka :)

Sign in to follow this