• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Headlight Issues

Pob

Hi all,

The headlights have gone a little strange. Drivers side works fine, passenger side only works on side light lights. Full beam both lights work, but driving lights don't work anymore.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

ham149

swap the bulbs over and if it happens the other way round just change the bulb as it is a dual elimant bulb hence you get full beam but not dipped

Tom Fenton

Earths corroded at the side of the headlight panels both sides is my guess. The wiring to the driving lamps is actually usually reasonably sound.

welshpug

as tom said, but I've found that the yellow plugs corrode quite badly, I chopped both mine out and replaced with superseal connectors :)

Pob
as tom said, but I've found that the yellow plugs corrode quite badly, I chopped both mine out and replaced with superseal connectors :P

I've finally got round to having a look at the headlight issue. The headlight is sorted... erm, needed a new bulb lol. The driving lamps still don't work. I have replaced the bulbs today and still not working. Do they work through a relay?

Just a quick question, I have two black boxes on the passenger side wing. I didn't have these on my last one. One has Two green relays and the other has three green relays. What are these for?

Many Thanks,

Dan

Pob
I've finally got round to having a look at the headlight issue. The headlight is sorted... erm, needed a new bulb lol. The driving lamps still don't work. I have replaced the bulbs today and still not working. Do they work through a relay?

Just a quick question, I have two black boxes on the passenger side wing. I didn't have these on my last one. One has Two green relays and the other has three green relays. What are these for?

Many Thanks,

Dan

Sorted it, it was a corroded connection on the relay for the driving lamps.

Dan

Guest eddie 309

usually the case i fitted an uprated light loom purchased from ebay and super sealed all connections wont have that prob again

Sign in to follow this