• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dan Ingram

Leaking Windscreen

Dan Ingram

My car appears to be leaking water through the top of the windscreen. Im not exactly sure why its leaking, theres no rust around the seal or any imperfections in it that I can see.

Has anyone had any similar problems and can anyone suggest a fix. I was thinking of peeling the seal back and putting a thin bead of sealent all the way around. Would this work or is there a better option??

Thanks in advance :)

jord294

is it definately the top of the windscreen?

aerial bases sometimes can leak

Dan Ingram

Yup definately the widscreen. You can see it dripping :)

Popshot

Had a similar problem on a Skoda (don't laugh). I tried the sealant route and also tried taking the window out and lashing plenty of waxoyl in there before putting it back. Only a new seal stopped the problem and at £20 for one it wasn't worth the wet electrics it suffered.

rescue dude

I had a similar problem and got Autoglass out to seal it inside and out, cost about a tenner iirc. Was fine since then.

osama

mine needs a new seal i think! there is slight moisture on the pad things that hold the glass! :wacko:

ronnie_gti

i had a slight leak on mine, no obvious rust, but when i took it to the bodyshop to have it sprayed, turned out i had a small patch of rust. had that sorted and a new seal, no problems after. just the bloody sliding sunroof bolt things keep going missing

Sign in to follow this