• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sloppy

Xu10 Headgasket Symptoms?

Sloppy

recently got an s16 engine which starts ok but ticks over lumpy, when reved it sound ok but not quite right, nothing like bottom end (had one go before) and head is nice and quiet.

Guy i bought it off said it did not start, but i have got it started fine? turned over a bit but then fired...

Others i have had tick over spot on and the engine only has a genuine 75k, i was lead to belive this is the headgasket begining to fail as it only has 75k but is on a m reg so it quite old...

are there any other characteristics to the gasket failing so i can properly diagnose whats wrong with it.

Cheers

welshpug

dodgy coilpacks are quite common on these.

only way to tell is a compression test and pressure test on the cooling system :)

Sloppy

will check coil packs, guy who i got it off remved rad so there no cooling system to check which is anoying!

Sloppy

HELP.

Any help or symptoms anyone else had would be greatfull as i would obviously rather not rip the head off the car to look...

Sign in to follow this