• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
edthedrummer

Wheel Refurb

edthedrummer

I've got some 1.6Gti alloys that need refurbing, and i'm planning on shot blasting them to get rid of paint/brakedust and any other crap.

What do i need to blast them with? got access to a compressor and a shot blasting gun, but don't know if i need aluminium oxide, glass beads or quite what?

ajm-e30

get a bag of coarse sand mate then get them powdercoated or sprayed within 48hrs to stop them corroding

Sloppy
get a bag of coarse sand mate then get them powdercoated or sprayed within 48hrs to stop them corroding

something like that should do the trick, you can get proper sand to go in blasting guns, camt remeber where ive seen it though :(

osama

my friend offered to blast mine, im not sure what he is using...is there any advantages/disadvantages of glass beads?

1 FAT PUG
my friend offered to blast mine, im not sure what he is using...is there any advantages/disadvantages of glass beads?

bead blasting doesnt pitt the alloy and leaves them pretty shiney i think

Sign in to follow this