• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob Turbo

Quick Turbo Conversion Question!

Rob Turbo

When I connect the brake servo pipe to the manifold on my turbo engine do I need one of them one way valves in to stop pressure getting into the servo or will this be ok?

When I did my 205 I used a bit of servo pipe that already had one of these valves in but I don't have one this time and can't find anywhere that sells them on their own!

Thanks,

Rob

Discostu

Yes u will need a one-way valve, i was lucky enough to have one lying around. Not really sure where u could buy one tho, motor factors maybe?

sonofsam

Yes, I fitted a plastic one I bought online from an aquatics/pond shop, its the perfect size for the 205 servo hose.

Aperantly some servo's have them in already, however mine didn't so fitted one inline. Also known as a check valve,

Plumbing shops should be able to supply also.

Bally

I have never seen a car without a one way valve fitted to the brake servo. The plastic thing that fits in the servo and coonects to the hose is a one way valve on the 205

Rob Turbo

Like THIS?

The ends look a bit small on there, but saying that, I don't know how big the actual valve is!!

Thanks,

Rob

Edited by Rob Turbo

sonofsam

Yes basically thats them, although mine is clear plastic and has barb's on the tapered tail end's, wich come in most sizes Rob.

Think the one I have is a kind of 'multi' size fit, but does the job and is about the diameter of the hose outer when fitted.

M@tt

i'm sure i read in a post some where some one reckoned aquatic shops might do them? :S

EDIT: oops didn't see sams post above, igonre that it was his post i must have read :angry:

Edited by M@tt

Discostu
Yes basically thats them, although mine is clear plastic and has barb's on the tapered tail end's, wich come in most sizes Rob.

Think the one I have is a kind of 'multi' size fit, but does the job and is about the diameter of the hose outer when fitted.

Same as mine then Sam, except mines white lol

Hilgie
I have never seen a car without a one way valve fitted to the brake servo. The plastic thing that fits in the servo and coonects to the hose is a one way valve on the 205

Bally you are right! The plastic thing that hose fits to is already a one-way valve.

Rob Turbo

So I take it that the plastic bit on a 306 servo will be a one way valve also?

Thanks for the replies folks!

Sign in to follow this