• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SamGTi

Toyo 'proxes 4'

SamGTi

I need to buy 2 new tyres in the new year and have found some Toyo Proxes 4's at a decent price (£31 for 195/50/15) from Motor World. Does anybody know if these tyres are any good for a general road car? (I don't really have a clue!). If not, what would people recommend for me to buy as a budget price but not budget quality tyre?

projectpug

For a general road car as you put it i would buy Toyo T1r's in 195/50/15 profile cheap enough and very good :blush:

SamGTi
For a general road car as you put it

What would you call it? :blush: It's not a track car or anything!

Yeah I had thought about the T1-R's but seeing as the '4's' are so cheap I just wondered if they were any good.

Baz

Don't think you can get 1R's or S's anymore unless they're old stock.

SamGTi

Ok, I have found T1-R's for £34.40 each on mytyres.co.uk. Does anybody know anywhere cheaper? (and that includes VAT and p+p)

Edited by SamGTi

Dan Ingram

Thats not a bad price. I pay £40 a tyre fitted for those at cowly rd. I can highly recommend them :blush:

Baz

Put in promotion code LEW1 for a 5% discount on blackcircles.com and see what their price is if they still have them. :blush:

SamGTi

Thanks Baz, but they still work out more expensive and then you have got to add £10 for p+p! And thanks Dan for your input, I think I will go for these in the new year then! Maybe I can corner as quickly as you then! :blush:

danpug

The 4's do seem to be good tyres, haven't tested them properly yet but i've only heard very good things about them.

jord294
Ok, I have found T1-R's for £34.40 each on mytyres.co.uk. Does anybody know anywhere cheaper? (and that includes VAT and p+p)

i had 4 x 195/50/15 toyo t1-r tyres fitted for £141.

only had them a couple of months ago from demon-tweeks

bales

I've got T1-R's and they are very good, would definately recommend them.

hodgy

i got T1's for £115 on ebay.there good for a budget tire but the best tire ive found for a cheap price is UNI ROYAL RAINSPORTS i thought they would be crap for the price of them but there just as good as toyo's but better in the wet

pug_ham

Aren't the Proxes 4 the next development tyre of the T1R/S?

Henry Yorke has them on his turbo Skip so far with no complaints afaik.

Graham.

SamGTi
Aren't the Proxes 4 the next development tyre of the T1R/S?

Graham.

That's what I presumed!

danpug

I think they are. Check out the reviews they get from others on the net.

SamGTi
I think they are. Check out the reviews they get from others on the net.

Just done that and they seem to be getting very good reviews and in many cases preferred to the T1-R's so I may just plumb for the 4's (seeing as they're a similar price) and then get you guys a review from a 205 owner on here!

Henry Yorke

I have Proxis 4's and find them good so far. They have a very square shoulder to them so effectively a bigger footprint. I think the chronology goes T1S to T1R to Proxis 4's, so T1R's would be older stock and T1S will have passed their best before date!

pug_ham

I'm off to my local Motor world this weekend to see if I can get the proxes 4 tyres at that price.

I'll might buy a set if I can. :)

edit; I've just checked the Motor World website & they are listed on there for £31.

Decision time. :D

Graham.

Edited by pugtorque

johno_78

i got 4 toyo t1-r's from motorworld at the start of the year for £30 each. Should have been £31, but haggled them down as i deliver them. I've found that, if you get to know the mamager, they'll compete against the internet and mail order and give you a better deal.

Motorworld get their toyos from South West Tyres. i dont know how much it would be to get the tyres direct from them.

jim205GTI

Mmm i need two new tyres for mot and for that price...... :angry: ... might try south west tyres as thats only ten minutes away see what they'll do me a set for :excl:

pug_ham
I've found that, if you get to know the mamager, they'll compete against the internet and mail order and give you a better deal.

I haven't found anywhere online yet that beats £31 for the Proxes 4's, don't think anywhere I checked (mytyres & blackcircles) could even sell me a T1R delivered for that price!!

Graham.

SamGTi
I haven't found anywhere online yet that beats £31 for the Proxes 4's, don't think anywhere I checked (mytyres & blackcircles) could even sell me a T1R delivered for that price!!

Graham.

Me neither and I have been looking for ages. Think I will order my Proxes 4's after Christmas :angry:

Henry Yorke

I have a spare set of brand new 195/50/15 Proxis 4's in the garage that I was going to fit to my dished wheels but never got round to it as I will kill the rest of the life in my old Eagles that are on at Lladow. I will use them at some point though, but if anyone wants them for £120 then give me a shout as they will just be be sat there until Easter. I'm in Sheffield. Can't be ar$ed to try and post them!

pug_ham

Henry, I'll speak to you in the next week.

I called into my local Motorworld on Friday to ask about these tyres & they are only available if you order them online for delivery, they won't agree to a price match instore. At least not at my local one anyway, they didn't sem interested in getting me any of these tyres. ;)

Graham.

Sloppy

ive started using the px'4s after the t1's stopped bign in stock at camskill, (thought t1r's were poor) anyhow they seem quite good, dont exactly last much longet than the t1's but still a good grippy tyre wet and dry, and considering the price (was 29.60 last time i looked) you cant go wrong!

Sign in to follow this