• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pp205

Removal Of 1.9 8v Loom To Replace With 1.9 16v Loom

pp205

Hi, I have been shredding my hands today whilst removing the old 8v loom. Just after the loom enters the inside of the car by the bulkhead there are 2 brown multiplugs that I have unclipped. I am planning to run the 16v (2 row) loom through tomorrow but after having a look at it there doesn't seem to be any of the brown multiplugs to re-connect. Am I going to have a problem here?

As there are loads of you who actually know what they are doing on this forum can anyone give a very brief description of any major things that I need to do before/during putting the new loom in?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated :(

Cheers Simon

whizzer71
Hi, I have been shredding my hands today whilst removing the old 8v loom. Just after the loom enters the inside of the car by the bulkhead there are 2 brown multiplugs that I have unclipped. I am planning to run the 16v (2 row) loom through tomorrow but after having a look at it there doesn't seem to be any of the brown multiplugs to re-connect. Am I going to have a problem here?

As there are loads of you who actually know what they are doing on this forum can anyone give a very brief description of any major things that I need to do before/during putting the new loom in?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated :(

Cheers Simon

I always found the easiest way around this is to open up the 1.9 injection loom and remove everything from the brown plugs forward then build it all into the 16V loom (which Im guessing came from a BX?) ,there are many ways of doing it do a search on here theres so much info on this subject !.

Either that or send both to me and Ill do it for you !

Tris

B)

maxi

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers Simon

This has been covered 1000 times before but................. those 2 brown multiplugs are the sensor loom (dials, switched live, starter switch, etc) which needs to be stripped from the 8v management loom. Best thing to do is, as you have done, disconnect them both from the underneath of the dash and then cut the rest of the MANAGEMENT loom that runs on to the ECU above. Strip out the ECU and tachy relay, cop hold of the ECU harness and pull like f***. Saves stripping the dash out to get the unused part out.

Maxi

Sign in to follow this