• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  

Problem With 406

Had a leaking core plug replaced on my 406 hdi about 2 weeks ago. This was done at a main dealer and obviously coolant topped up to correct level afterwards etc.

However, over past 2 weeks I have had to top it up twice with probably over a litre of coolant in all. This doesn't seem right to me, it never used any coolant before the core plug started leaking. No other leaks as far as I can see now. Is it just a case of having to top it up after the work's been done until it settles down again (he says hopefully)?

Any ideas?

cheers

Pete

welshpug

you are correct in fact! it is quite difficult on most engines to get all the air out of the system properly, a litre isnt much at all when yuo think that there is about 8 or 9 in a 406 IIRC.

keep an eye on it though, if one core plug has gone what's the rest like?

The other core plugs, that I can see, are ok. There's no water dripping from the bottom of the engine anyway. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid - having had the core plug fixed, the exhaust decided to fall off last week ^_^

Sign in to follow this