• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mr2haz

Faulty Central Locking

mr2haz

The central locking on my 205 does not work. The boot servo was seized so I removed the servo but the rest of the central locking does not work either.

I have a replacement boot servo to fit. What else should I investigate to get the central locking fully working?

welshpug

depends if its a factory fitted kit or an aftermarket one.

does it work off the plip or the key in the drivers door?

a common fault with the door locks on a 205 is that the handles seize up, and the mechanism inside doesn't drop back down when the motor tries to lock it, are you getting any noise at all when you try to lock?

check to see if you're getting a signal to the motor by putting a bulb in each connector to the motors and activating the system.

Edited by welshpug

mr2haz

When I purchased the car I was not given a plip. It is a 1990 Gti 1.9 so I am assuming it is fitted with central locking as standard. When the key is turned I do not hear any sounds of any motors attempting to work or anything.

I removed the servo in the boot which looked original fit. This had seized preventing the unlocking of the boot.

welshpug

not many 205's had standard central locking at all, though many did have it fitted as an option.

is there an alarm fitted at all?

daza
depends if its a factory fitted kit or an aftermarket one.

does it work off the plip or the key in the drivers door?

a common fault with the door locks on a 205 is that the handles seize up, and the mechanism inside doesn't drop back down when the motor tries to lock it, are you getting any noise at all when you try to lock?

check to see if you're getting a signal to the motor by putting a bulb in each connector to the motors and activating the system.

My central locking opens all the doors but will only lock the drivers door,so it could by the handles like you mention do i need to put wd40 on them?

Gentrix

to both of you.

Check your door harnesses and if you have the connection-plug between door and body for broken cables

or a (what is the english word for "durchgescheuert" ?) sign of a worn-through loom.

andi

jackherer
(what is the english word for "durchgescheuert" ?)

frayed apparently.

Gentrix
frayed apparently.

:D that´s what google told me, but the backtranslation came different, anyway - thanks

andi

jackherer

a google image search for frayed wire gives this:

frayed.jpg

so I think it is what you mean :D

mr2haz

The second set of keys I was given did include an alarm fob, looks like a Cobra system. I have never tried using it or even know if it works. I know the immobiliser works though.

mr2haz

I replaced the locking servo in the boot today. Now if I operate the driver side door lock the boot also locks/unlocks.

I guess all I will need to do now is replace the servo for the passenger side door.

Dan@bar

Hi there,

I'm going to revive this central locking thread rather than start a new one (hope thats ok). When I got my Pug back in March 07 it had central locking which I assume is a factory fit standard/option system. When I unlocked the drivers door the boot would unlock but not the passenger door. I had a Cobra Cat 1 alarm/immobiliser fitted for the insurance which gave me a remote fob that locked and unlocked the drivers door and boot. I figured that either a bit of wiring or a new actuator/servo would sort out the passenger door at some point. But now my drivers door is playing up. Sometimes when I unlock it with the fob or key the locking makes the normal noise but pulling the handle doesn't open the door. Sometimes re locking and unlocking sorts this out but not always, leaving me with the undignified task of unlocking the passenger door with the key and climbing across to the drivers seat :D

So having read a few threads, do I need to free up and grease the mechanisum then replace the actuator get the drivers door working properly and maybe do the same again to get the passenger door to join in the party? If the actuators are the cause of my central locking problems, will the boot actuator falue soon too?

Also, at the moment I can't get the drivers door open at all! Has anyone got any ideas of how to get the door open to get the door panel off?!

Cheers

ledders

This must be a very common fault with 205's my one in the winter only just locks and unlocks itself with out any warning, really bad if you leave your car to warm up in the morning and can't get into your car!! Anyway sorry dude can't help with your but thought I'd also see if anyone had a clue about mine...

Ledders.

Edited by ledders

Sign in to follow this