• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atari Boy

Engine Stand To Bottom End – Which Size Bolts Are Needed?

Atari Boy

I have a 1.9 8 valve engine (XU9) that I am about to put back together.

What size bots do I need to use to attach the bottom end to the engine stand? Also are there better mounting holes to use than others?

Thanks

Jonny

vanny

i think i'm currently using standard M10 bolts in the bell housing bolt holes, i have prefered holes which i always use but pretty much only because i have bolts that match! if you stand is anything like the standard machinemart jobbie, then they need to be fairly long bolts!

M@tt

yes you will need M10 bolts

you'll find 1 possibly 2 of the holes on the block have no thread so you'll need suitable nut as well

i found the easiest thing was to buy some M10 threaded bar and a bag of nuts from your local B&Q or Focus and cut sections to the required lengths

Atari Boy

Thanks chaps, I like the idea of the threaded bar - clever.

rnotman67

to attach engine to stand i think i used 3 M10x50 bolts and the other for the rear of the engine was a long one M10x120 which needed a nut on the back end of it.

hope this helps

Ryan

edthedrummer

Where is the correct place to attach the stand to? Just got the three legged machine mart item and want to know where to fix it!

M@tt

you bolt it to/through the 4 holes where the bolts holding the gearbox to the block go

DSC00260.jpg

Miles

The Alt mounting bolt is ideal for this with a headbolt spacer, but only if you have enough kicking around

Sign in to follow this