• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mrblonde

Alpine Headunit

mrblonde

hi ya,i have a alpine cd headunit that i need fitting,but its the high powered unit with the special leads.i normaly fit my head units myself,but im not sure about this one.any help please??.i know the yellow lead with the fuse has to go to the battery.

d-9

Its fairly straightforward, apart from the earth and the yellow power lead it'll plug in as standard with an adaptor.

Theoretically u need to wire the yellow in to the battery, but i just hooked mine up behind the dash and it was fine, and screwed the black earth lead onto a handy earthed bolt.

mrblonde

oh cool so i just wire the yellow to the battery and black to earth point yeah mate?.i have the blocks etc ready.

boombang

There's probably a spare live out the fuse box you could use tbh. I've got an Alpine unit with that setup here and can't be bothered to put it into my Beemer purely because of having to run another live and find an earth - so much hassle, although they do sound fantastic!

mrblonde

is the yellow power wire and the black wire all i need to worry about,as there is an orange and red to!?.

boombang

yeah that's it - can't recall what others do, maybe the power switching for the memory or some other functions. IIRC blue is phone too.

My Apline unit has the off-board DC-DC convertor too, was a real pain in the arse to install with that hanging off the back!

mrblonde

oh sweet!.been doing my head in not having soon choons!!...big fish litlle fish cardboard box!!..

large
is the yellow power wire and the black wire all i need to worry about,as there is an orange and red to!?.

Red is your swich live orange is to dim the head unit i.e. it goes to the dash lights.

Sign in to follow this