• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest TonySmiff

Avo Coilovers / Strut Brace Question

Guest TonySmiff

I have got Avo coilovers on the front of my 205 and am wanting to get a strut brace.

The only problem i have is that the Avo's have 8 bolts holding each top mount to the body and the standard mount is a 3 bolt fixing hence my old omp strut brace wont fit,

Will i be having to drill my old strut brace? Not 100% what avos they are and cant find any details about them?

Also will it clear the Mi16 engine?

Jrod

8 bolts?So the standard strut tops have been drilled then? I'd imagine this would of weakend them? :rolleyes:

Guest TonySmiff

full alloy top mounts not standard ones, will try and get some pics the weekend....

Rippthrough
full alloy top mounts not standard ones, will try and get some pics the weekend....

Sure they're not adjustable mounts which just use 3 bolts....... :)

Jrod

Even if they are alloy top mounts to fit 8 bolts to them you'd need to drill the actual strut top (as there aren't 8 holes in that!)

As said, sure they are not eccentric mounts?

Guest TonySmiff

They are fixed alloy mounts not pillow ball type top mounts, will get some pics :)The body has been drilled as well :)The body has been drilled as well :)

Sign in to follow this