• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pp205

Which Distributor For My Mi16 Conversion?

pp205

I am in the middle of my Mi16 conversion and have all the parts I need apart from a distributor. I have read a number of posts on here and am a little confused, my question is can I use a 1.9 8v distributor on the Mi16? I am using the 16v loom in the conversion and I have the Mi16 dizzy cap that came with the engine.

Cheers Simon

welshpug

if you're using the Mi loom you'll need the Mi dizzy, but it doesn't look very much like the conventional dizzy (not a 3" deep cylinder), so it may be on the head already.

pp205

Thanks for your reply, it's defo not on the head as it was stripped for skimming, porting and polishing!

Any ideas of the best place to get one and prices?

Cheers Simon

pug_ham

Is the rotor arm still on the end of the inlet cam?

If you need an Mi dizzy cap & rotor arm set they used to be sold by 205parts.com other than that its somewhere like gsf for them.

From GSF;

N92110 DISTRIBUTOR CAP 405 MI16 DUCELLIER 22.50

N92210 IGN ROTOR ARM 405 MI16 DUCELLIER 19.60

So they aren't exactly cheap.

Not sure if 205parts still have them or how much they are though.

Graham.

pp205

Thanks for the reply Graham, no the rotor arm is not on the end of the cam so I will need to get one! I have a cap (or 3 that came with the engine!) but I will need to get hold of distributor still,

Cheers Simon

Rob Thomson

The distributor on the Mi16 consists of the rotor arm, the cap, and a thin plastic plate that fits between the head and the cap. There are no other parts.

Dave_McC

Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm trying to source the bits for my Mi conversion - the thin plastic plate referred to by Rob is knackered on my engine - does this come as part of the distributor cap from the likes of gsf - if not where can I get it from? Peugeot weren't much help today - can only sell the whole cap and rotor arm as an assembly for c.£100, and the parts piccy isn't clear whether the plastic plate comes with it or not.

Cheers

Dave

DrSarty

The white plastic bit being referred to here comes in the box with the (at least the Ducelier anyway) dizzy cap.

The cam shaft also needs to be semi-dismantled to fit it.

Rich :)

Edited by DrSarty

Dave_McC

Cheers :)

Edited by Dave_McC

Sign in to follow this