• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yackone

309 Mi16 On 205 1.1?

yackone

i've fond a 309 mi16 and i whant to fit all the mecanics on my 205 1.1... engine, gearbox, brakes, electronics,rear axe...what kind of problems may i have??

Sandy

Injection tank and piping needed from a 205 (if yours is a carb model). If it's pre-1990, the engine mount on the inner wing is a problem too.

j_turnell

Is it not pre 89 with the engine mount issue?

Edited by j_turnell

Sandy

About then.

yackone

the car is from 1994 and the engine is 1124 cc injection...anyway i need a bigeer fuel pomp...this one have only 1.5 bar...the rear axe from 309 gti fits on my car??? :wacko:

j_turnell

The axel would fit but because your using a base model shell you will need to cut the arches considerably as they are flat at the top unlike a gti shell. Whats actually wrong with the 309 as i'd be tempted to keep it in that. Can you not get hold of a gti shell? Make life much easier.

Sandy

I'm pretty sure most of the late injection pumps are the same as the GTi, as long as it has two fuel pipes to the engine bay.

swordfish210
Whats actually wrong with the 309 as i'd be tempted to keep it in that. Can you not get hold of a gti shell? Make life much easier.

he's right. why not just keep the 309. It would save you a lot of work and it's much cooler :wacko:

yackone
he's right. why not just keep the 309. It would save you a lot of work and it's much cooler :D

because i love 205 :wub: ...the 309 doesnt have the history of 205 :D ...

j_turnell - the acctualy shell the i have is in very good shape :rolleyes: ...not many 205's in romania are like this one...when i get it , i've looked at the body not the engine...

the mi16 that i've fond is in italy...the big problem is... how i can bring the car in romania...because the car doesnt have any papers...one of the solutinon is ...i can bring the car like spare parts...today the engine...tomorow the gearbox...but..if i forget something... :D

p.s.: my english sucks :D

Sandy
I'm pretty sure most of the late injection pumps are the same as the GTi, as long as it has two fuel pipes to the engine bay.

Update! The pump on my 1.1 SPi 205 didn't seem able to reach the 3 bar reg pressure now I've fitted an MPi engine. I swapped it for a GTi pump and all it well.

Sign in to follow this