• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eddie bullit

Pugs Back Yippee!

matt-k

Buy some dynomite and blow them all to hell!!! :angry:

Actually you should ignore my suggestions as you will get in trouble. These things just wind me up. Pay the money and take them to court.

toddydal

if they put it rite fare enuff,,,if not baseball bat it is then,to put it rite now they will av 2 strip door handles and locks out and evry thing else off to rectify the job,then rub it bak down and repaint,u dont do a respay for a grand and paint over rust

welshpug

pay them by cheque and say you need the car back to commute :angry:

toddydal

good idea,pay with a rubber cheq

Paintguy

It is a bit of a grey area I'm afraid mate. They do indeed have the right to keep the car until you have paid for the work, but then you also have a right for the car to have been finished to the agreed standard.

I'm sorry to hear that things didn't go well for you, but unfortunately that's the nature of business. Some companies just don't seem to care about doing the job properly, as long as they get their money. The only advice I can offer, is to tell a little story:

Before I started working for him, my previous employer was asked to do a 'quick tidy up job' by a customer on his Jaguar. It was explained to him that corners would be cut to keep under his budget, and he agreed to this. Once the work was completed however, he started to find fault with minor details, and at first refused to pay. My old boss held the car until the guy did eventually pay, but ended up in court over the matter. The judge sided with the customer, saying that the job should have been completed to an acceptable standard, no matter what the budgetary restrictions. After that my boss stopped doing 'cheap' jobs.

Whilst not entirely relevant in this case, I hope it does offer you some hope of a satisfactory resolution.

Andy.

M_R_205

Im gutted for you mate,

one of my friends has a manta A got the roof lining removed and the roof resprayed, when he picked it up it was dark and all looked well, got it home and the next day could see the whole roof was ripely/wavey, and coverd with a fne dust in the laquer, an awful job, he got his solicitor to write the garage a letter and they eventual agreed to re-do the roof free of charge, they did a great job seccond time round, i dont understand why they didnt put the effort in first time, would have saved them doing it all again!

I hope you get it sorted, take them to court and kick there arse :D

danpug

Thats really crap, good luck getting it sorted out.

toddydal

did u hav any joy at bogde shop today mate,r they goin 2 put it rite

eddie bullit
did u hav any joy at bogde shop today mate,r they goin 2 put it rite

asked them not to do anymore as they've made enough mess already.broke both bumpers , one headlight , not refitted bars on the front wing that run to the inside of the bumpers,put window seals on wrong sides. They've been instructed not to do anything more and I want the car returning to me as weve lost faith in their abilities to do a satisfactory job.

toddydal

hav u got 2 pay for job,or r they goin 2 knok muny off 4 wat thev broke,

toddydal

its a shame u dont liv neer me,coz i wud av sorted it for u,i could hav dun a better job in my brothers diy garage,like i sed b4,i can get just as good a finish in a normal garage as in aspray booth,just about a week more work,once uv dun bonnet,doors and tailgate off the car thers not much left 2 do on the shell,,i always say if i woudnt except the work iv dun, i woudnt expect any 1 else to

Paintguy

Care to rephrase that in English?

I mean no disrespect fella, but 'typing' like that makes you come across like a spotty teenager, rather than an experienced professional of similar age to myself :)

eddie bullit

Not paying for it at all mate they have now stripped the car back to how it was, after telling them not to touch it, so admitting the paintwork was terrible and so negating anywork they had done apart from breaking it :)

Edited by eddie bullit

toddydal

thats what mobile phone texting duz mate,i just try to cut alot of words out and shorten everything down,,,eddie seems to understand it tho.

SamGTi

A similar thing happened to my girlfriend. She hit a post in a petrol station (women drivers! :) ) so needed a partial respray on her Ka. When we picked it up it looked great but we soon realised it had dust all over the side of the car in the laquer. When we confronted the sprayer, he said it was tree sap (even though her car had only been driven from the booth to her home 2 miles away) but we knew it wasn't so we said we weren't paying. Eventually, after lots of standing and staring from the sprayer, he agreed to sort it for us as he 'didn't want his garage to get a bad name' and after he had sorted it it was a great job (so good that her brother got his car sprayed there too!)

I don't know why these people don't just sort out the problems that they have sorted - it's just good customer service at the end of the day and if they do a good job you will recommend them to others which is how most garages/sprayers get their trade anyway - through word of mouth!

danpug

If people are capable of high quality bodywork why not keep the high standard all the time? A bodyshop with a good reputation is worth its weight in gold.

craig f90
If people are capable of high quality bodywork why not keep the high standard all the time? A bodyshop with a good reputation is worth its weight in gold.

Money,money,money. Most bodyshops moan that there is'nt enough Money in it to take time over a job. (Where i live £30 per hour is the average rate for an independent bodyshop) A quick turn around and equally quick profit makes most tick. But where is the sense in rushing a job, only to have to go through the labour cost, material and paint cost to make the job right the second time? Rather than spend an hour or few preparing the vehicle for paint, slinging it in the booth and hoping that it's reached an acceptable standard is not fair.

As danpug says, A bodyshop can only exist off its reputation.

eddie bullit
Money,money,money. Most bodyshops moan that there is'nt enough Money in it to take time over a job. (Where i live £30 per hour is the average rate for an independent bodyshop) A quick turn around and equally quick profit makes most tick. But where is the sense in rushing a job, only to have to go through the labour cost, material and paint cost to make the job right the second time? Rather than spend an hour or few preparing the vehicle for paint, slinging it in the booth and hoping that it's reached an acceptable standard is not fair.

As danpug says, A bodyshop can only exist off its reputation.

y now what fellaS I;m gutted..I just wanted a good job doing not concours but good enough to be able to polish at the weekend..poor little pug :):lol:

Edp

Gutted for you mate, i know exactly what its like dealing with these body shop types :)

djinuk

my friend owns a insurance approved bodyshop, and would %100 do a top job mate, so let me know if you get your money back and i could get a quote for you..

eddie bullit
my friend owns a insurance approved bodyshop, and would %100 do a top job mate, so let me know if you get your money back and i could get a quote for you..

Cheers for that could be a possibility as I'm not taking any chances next time. I think its worth it for the piece of mind. Thats if I ever get it back :lol: b stards ;)

Edited by eddie bullit

ham149

how much would he charge for a respray for miami blue?

toddydal

for a top notch job i would say 2000-2500,thats to totaly strip the car down,,,ie windows out,bumbers off,lights out,handles,etc,etc,etc.thats the one and only way of doing a top quality job and also flatting the car back down and polishing it to a mirror finish,but you only get what you pay for,ive seen jobs done for 500-1000 and what aload of s*it,i personaly wouldnt waste my money on a cheap job

djinuk

there is so much to take into consideration, any tiny inperfections, any rust that lerks beneath trim, whether you want the inside doing etc etc, average respray on a small car , top notch job , thats inside the door shuts etc and prep work and minor dent removal etc, you are usally looking £1300+ depending on other little bits on the way,

pugman211

Hope you get your car sorted Eddie!!!! I'm gutted for you, but i wouldn't have trusted anyone to respray a car for £1000. As said before, a good bodyshop should charge between £2000 - £2500.

In my old place, they used to charge around that mark, and used to have everything stripped, but i used to spend about a full week working on the car.

Its a shame that none of us have a bodyshop on here, as i would GLADLY work on other people cars on weekends to help get amazing resprays. There's an idea!!! 205 GTi Drivers Bodyshop!!

Sign in to follow this