• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eddie bullit

Pugs Back Yippee!

eddie bullit
post-11311-1196719551_thumb.jpgpost-11311-1196719576_thumb.jpgpost-11311-1196719595_thumb.jpgHi fellas I,ve got my pug back at last and thought I'd share a cople of picys with ya!

GTI6BOY

nice colour :P

eddie bullit
nice colour :P

Cheers gti6boy its momy but looks a little brighter on the pics not seen it in the flesh yet only done today not yet buffed / polished.

toddydal

looks ok,mate.did they not take sunroof out

eddie bullit
looks ok,mate.did they not take sunroof out

Yeah took the glass out but not the runners etc. why do y ask?

Arahan

Looks good in the pics! Look forward to seing it in the flesh!

SamGTi

That IS a nice colour! :P

You should pop down to one of our north west meets in the new year so we can have a closer look!

eddie bullit
That IS a nice colour! :lol:

You should pop down to one of our north west meets in the new year so we can have a closer look!

Yeah will do SamGTI as soon as shes up and running I'll be there thanks for the invite.

danpug

Looks lovely! Hope you have some nice phase 2 trim to go back on that, it'll look stunning. Wish i could afford a respray for my lazer green, how much did it cost out of interest?

Edited by danpug

danpug

Just read your other thread so answered my own question!

toddydal

i wud hav taken runners and evrything else off,because u dont want the clear flaking off in 6mths time,its hard to get evry nook and cranny rubbed down wen preping a car.especialy wen the sunroof runners r so tight to the roof

eddie bullit
i wud hav taken runners and evrything else off,because u dont want the clear flaking off in 6mths time,its hard to get evry nook and cranny rubbed down wen preping a car.especialy wen the sunroof runners r so tight to the roof

Yeah I can understand that mate but its where do you draw the line on stripping it. I really didn't want the interior stripping out as its unmolested and pretty tidy.I'm guessing having the runners removed would mean the roof lining and interior light and trims etc. one job leads on too another scenario..keep your opinions coming though mate they are appreciated..

Paintguy

Certainly a big improvement on before! :angry:

Pictures never tell the whole story, but it looks good from here.

eddie bullit
Certainly a big improvement on before! :D

Pictures never tell the whole story, but it looks good from here.

Your right paintguy I'd not seen the car when the pictures were posted and was chuffed, that was until I laid eyes on it :angry: Where to start? every panel has either a mark like a finger nail scratch underneath the laquer or a raised pimple finished off with a spec of what looks like white dust.They've broke both bumpers trying to remove them , they've just yanked them off! broken the offside headlamp refitting it , masked off the door handles but not very well so the new paint is missing across the top of the handle..inner wing / bumper supports left unfitted to the inner wings and when pointed out they said "we've not touched them" they said "we'll fix the bumpers" but they did'nt need fixing in the first place they just needed cutting / drilling off but I thought LEAVE IT TO THE PROS :lol: what a joke ..now I've told them not to do anymore on the car and I will be seeking professional advice.

Jees..Paintguy wish you could off taken the job on..gutted :( they've now said they will be charging me for hold the car there but wont release it to me :lol: wankers...

matt-k

I really dont think they can legally hold the car! That is your property regardless of the paint, if it were me id just take it or report it stolen! Ha.

eddie bullit
I really dont think they can legally hold the car! That is your property regardless of the paint, if it were me id just take it or report it stolen! Ha.

Hi Matt I've spoken to the police and they have informed me that I need to seek legal advice on the matter :angry:

jackherer
I really dont think they can legally hold the car!

Actually I'm pretty sure they can keep hold of it legally if they've done work they haven't been paid for.

welshpug

but what if that work wasn't to the agreed standard? I think that's where the legal advice comes into it.

eddie bullit
but what if that work wasn't to the agreed standard? I think that's where the legal advice comes into it.

I didnt expect it to come back like it had just rolled off the prod. line but when they've sprayed over actually rust ( you can see the bubbling underneath that was there prior to painting ) it does'nt give y much confidence..went up today to try and come to some agreement , started to come round to giving them another chance until I noticed that the side brackets for the bumpers had been lightly dusted with momy and it just rubbed off with all the rust :angry:

toddydal

they soung like a bunch of cowboys mate,even for a 1000 u shud av got a decent job,if ther a decent garage theyl sort it out,if the jobs s*ite then dont pay and go in with a baseball bat and smash the bodging fukers face in

eddie bullit
they soung like a bunch of cowboys mate,even for a 1000 u shud av got a decent job,if ther a decent garage theyl sort it out,if the jobs s*ite then dont pay and go in with a baseball bat and smash the bodging fukers face in

cheers for the reply mate.... just how I feel but gotta go through the right channels .....for now anyway :angry:

toddydal

if i paid a grand id still want it rite,it dont matter if u paid 1000 or 2000,its not yor fault they agreed that price, u just want the job rite

jackherer

Obviously this is slightly different (and I agree that eddie should get legal advice from a solicitor rather than the web) but I'm pretty sure the same thing applies (a 'property lien')

You have a problem, though, in that the garage may exercise their right of 'lien' over the car. This effectively allows them to keep hold of the car until the money they are asking for is paid. You may have no choice but to pay, unless you an agree with the garage that they will let you take the car away if you pay them what the job is worth and put the balance into dispute. If you have to pay the full price make sure that you make this payment 'under protest'.

http://www.hants.gov.uk/regulatory/trading...ards/cars9.html

matt-k

As above really, the police wont give a damn about this matter, i would not advise on actually getting violent with them as you will only end up in deep poo! Get a freind to video you taking it back incase they get violent. But i would go round with some menacing freinds and take it back. Then let them seek the legal advice.

eddie bullit
As above really, the police wont give a damn about this matter, i would not advise on actually getting violent with them as you will only end up in deep poo! Get a freind to video you taking it back incase they get violent. But i would go round with some menacing freinds and take it back. Then let them seek the legal advice.

just checked trading standards and I've got to give them the opportunity to put it right and then if not happy I "have to pay under protest" then pursue the matter through small claims .what a load of bollocks...

Sign in to follow this