• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eddie bullit

Pugs Back Yippee!

toddydal

good idea mate,id gladly use my 22 years experiance and help out

pugman211

It makes perfect sense!!! We are ALL car modifiers!!! and we are ALL passionate about our work and members cars!! The hardest part is finding a booth we could use.

But back on topic, I really do hope you get it sorted one way or another Eddie.

McPikie

My mate has his own bodyshop in Manchester and he is a bloody perfectionist. Just had a brand new oven fitted too, god knows how much it set him back.

He is always happy to give quotes and will run through every stage of the work with you before starting

eddie bullit
My mate has his own bodyshop in Manchester and he is a bloody perfectionist. Just had a brand new oven fitted too, god knows how much it set him back.

He is always happy to give quotes and will run through every stage of the work with you before starting

cheers mc pikie I want the engine bay doing at some point so I'll keep that in mind..

On a good note I've got my car back at last :o and I'm quite pleasantly suprised .. not bad at all after all the problems I experienced with them. They re striped the car , properly this time handles, locks etc, reduced bthe cost for the damaged bumpers and bought a new headlight to replaced the one they didnt break.. :)

Anyway all's well that ends well.Time to get some goodies ordered for my baby. first thing is bumpers from neat autos. :)

paulh

Pleased to hear you've got it sorted at last - just in time for Christmas :)

danpug

Have they resprayed it then?

toddydal

well pleased for you mate,sounds like they done it right 2nd time around.

pugman211
They re striped the car , properly this time handles, locks etc,

Glad you got it sorted mate!!! Shame they didn't do that in the 1st place hey!

eddie bullit
Glad you got it sorted mate!!! Shame they didn't do that in the 1st place hey!

Yeah respayed it and yer right why didnt they do that in the first place ...plonkers.

danpug

Good result then, very pleased for you. Now for some new pics...!!!

Paintguy

Glad to hear it turned out alright in the end Eddie :)

Dave G

glad to hear its all ok, had this a few years back with a track car and there excuse was "what do i expect its going on a track". They lost the work from the company i work for and shortly went under after my employer saw the car when i got it back to work putting 7 men out of work the and owner doing a runner 2 weeks before christmas last year.

shame they couldnt of made the job right the first time around

eddie bullit
Good result then, very pleased for you. Now for some new pics...!!!

Will post pics as soon as chaps cheers for the advice and support . all the best ..

Edited by eddie bullit

osama

thats awesome! i need to get mine done! just the cost for it being done is crazy!

eddie bullit

just when you thought this topic had fizzled out :lol: its back...went to have a little tinker with pug the other day and check all was okay..and give it a quick coat of collinite even though its not going to get used in the winter, just wanna fuss it :blink:

anyway while buffing the microfibre cloth kept catching and on inspection I noticed small micro blisters :) and crazing on offside wing. started to check allround and the boot has crazed really badly.. anyway found a decent bodyshop this time and will tell you how I get on. going to take rear window out and sort properly off the car. heres hoping for a good job, third time lucky? :lol: bodyshop said the car has been done to a decent standard apart from the boot which was described as s*ite :lol:

Edited by eddie bullit

toddydal

is the micro blisters all over the car and can you see it more on the top surfaces of the car,ie tops of wings, bonnet and roof

eddie bullit
is the micro blisters all over the car and can you see it more on the top surfaces of the car,ie tops of wings, bonnet and roof

hoping youd reply mate. on the top of offside wing top edge , boot nearside next to rear quarter badges and a few tiny ones on offside roof above drivers door.

1 FAT PUG
my friend owns a insurance approved bodyshop, and would %100 do a top job mate, so let me know if you get your money back and i could get a quote for you..

i went to an "approved" bodyshop once, had a pretty new car and took the bumper out on a lane so had to have a new one fitted and painted, went to pick the car up and the work was disgusting, you could see the primer nearly, so got someone out the bodyshop to come and have a look at it and told him that i could have done a better job with spray cans, he didnt look over happy that the guys had let it go out like that

Henry Yorke
i went to an "approved" bodyshop once, had a pretty new car and took the bumper out on a lane so had to have a new one fitted and painted, went to pick the car up and the work was disgusting, you could see the primer nearly, so got someone out the bodyshop to come and have a look at it and told him that i could have done a better job with spray cans, he didnt look over happy that the guys had let it go out like that

I must admit "Insurance approved" tends to mean they can be quite cheap and is not something I would trust! Word of mouth is the best thing. My CTI got fully resprayed by Paintguy and I could not find a single fault in it. 110% happy. :)

eddie bullit
I must admit "Insurance approved" tends to mean they can be quite cheap and is not something I would trust! Word of mouth is the best thing. My CTI got fully resprayed by Paintguy and I could not find a single fault in it. 110% happy. :P

I would have done the same but Paintguys situation has changed recently so could not undertake my respray. gutted..maybe next time...

toddydal

can you take a photo,or will it not show in photo,do they look under the clear or on,top,weve had no trouble with micro blistering with the octoral paint they used,when we 1st got octoral in we had a slight problem with solvent poping but because the new clears are alot thicker and heavier to much clearcoat can lead to poping,years ago you could put 3,4,5 coats of clear on a car and have no problems but most clears now are a grip coat followed by one full really wet coat depending on the product,i really need to see the paint on your car to tell you the problem,have a closer look because youl now fined fault after fault

Paintguy

Thanks Henry :P

I have to agree with you when it comes to insurance approved bodyshops, although I don't think the 'blame' can be entirely put on to them. It's a simple fact that an insurance company will use the cheapest bodyshop they can find, thus saving themselves money. Labour times and materials costs are therefore pared down to an absolute minimum, giving no time for the extra finishing touches that make an acceptable job into a great one.

The insurance companies more or less dictate what the bodyshop can do and charge, thus leaving them little choice but to work flat out even just to break even, never mind make a profit. Mistakes will inevitably happen then, and standards may be lower than the 'shop would like, but they always have a large stick held over their heads by the ones paying the bill, so can do little about it.

With more and more insurance companies opening their own repair shops, it won't get much better :D

1 FAT PUG

but surely it would be alot cheaper for them to do a good job in the first place, rather than them having to redo it :P

toddydal

i know mate,if im painting anything it dont matter if its a bag of s*ite or a brand new car i get the paint to the best finish i can,if we had to do cars twice at the place i work i would get the sack,i know every body shop do have some problems,but as long as the job goes out a1 in the end, thats were you get a good name,my boss owns his own premisses so the outgoings are'nt to bad so our labour rate is a lot cheaper than the other body shops in our area,and its right what the paintguy says about insurance companys,therv got all us body shops by the balls now

Sign in to follow this