• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
toddydal

205 Ripspeed Dvd Player

toddydal

iv got a ripspeed dvd player out of my wifes shakeass megane,and im gona fit it to 205.but when i dun a trial fit and opened the screen,it wont open for the dash,it hitting the ashtray as the hole for the radio is at the botom of cosole

bren_1.3

not really sure what your asking? are you asking where to put the DVD player?

i dont wish to sound like a knob but your post is just one huge sentence and i struggled to read/make sense of it.....maybe try posting some photos to show us what you mean??

1 FAT PUG

think he meens that when the screen folds out it wont sit at the correct angle as its hitting the ashtray. think only other thing you could do is take the fans out the top of the dash and fabricate something for it to sit in there, or sell it and get screens that are built into the sunvisors

brianthemagical

or remove it and buy a decent quaility music head unit, and leave it at that.

GLPoomobile

Why the hell would you want a DVD screen right down at the bottom of the dash anyway :wacko: Common sense should have told you the screen wouldn't open out without fouling the dash without needing to fit it first, because of the angle the OE unit sits at!

toddydal

it ok,its sorted and works spot on,i fabricated a slide hinge,so it just slides out when i wanna watch dvds and slides back when i play music

GLPoomobile
it ok,its sorted and works spot on,i fabricated a slide hinge,so it just slides out when i wanna watch dvds and slides back when i play music

Ooooooooo, get you :wacko: Mr fancy pants fabricater! :lol: I'm not interested in fitting a DVD player, but have you got any pictures of the mechanism just so we can see how you did it?

toddydal

lol.,,,its just 2 very small slide hinges i got off the snapon man,u know the 1s that the draws slide on.

Sign in to follow this