• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
daveyboyblack

Xu10j2 Sump - Baffled?

daveyboyblack

Hi All,

I'm trying to source an XU10 sump to put on my mi16, and thought whilst i'm trying to source one from a breakers etc, i'd see what peugeot could supply in case I can't find one.

They've said they can do both the XU10J4 (way too expensive!) and also the XU10J2 sump. However they can't tell me if the J2 sump is baffled or not (which is what i'm after).

Does anyone know whether this sump would be baffled as it seems a bit of a mystery as to exactly which cars had it or not.

I've already been in touch with PeterT off here so will be getting hold of the some bits from him, but ideally would like to source the sump asap.

Any other suggestions on where to get an XU10 sump from? ]

Cheers

Dave :)

Anthony

All XU10 sumps that I've seen are baffled, and yes, that includes XU10J2.

I'm pretty sure I have a spare baffled XU10 sump if you need one btw, and I'm over in Reading reasonably regularly.

M@tt

i've got a J2TE (2.0 8v turbo lump from XM) and that definitely HAS got a baffled sump as the sump is currently off on mine at the moment

HTH

Matt

daveyboyblack

Hi Guys,

Ta for the quick response.

Anthony, i'd definately be interested in the sump if you have got one, can you take a look and PM me if you've got one?

I've got a friend in Bristol who could take it if that's any easier, else i'm literally 2mins from J11 on the M4 so would be great if you're popping over at some stage!

Cheers

Dave

Miles

All A/C models, like 405's, 406's etc use the baffled sump

Richie-Van-GTi

Hate to disagree but we have loads of pug sumps on the shelf at work from various models and only one has baffles which was off a 406 2.0 16v engine with the metal inlet. All the others dont and at least 50% of them are aircon types.

pug_ham

I've got (or had) a rather battered XU10J2 steel sump downstairs & that has a trapdoor baffle in & I spotted one yesterday on ebay that is an alloy sump which has a trapdoor baffle plate in & has the a/c pump mountings.

Graham.

post-71-1196795847.jpg

welshpug

the sump off my ZX's original 16v engine was a steel item with a baffle down one side with a trapdoor, and the J4RS alloy sump looks identical to the one Graham pictures above.

Anthony
Hate to disagree but we have loads of pug sumps on the shelf at work from various models and only one has baffles which was off a 406 2.0 16v engine with the metal inlet. All the others dont and at least 50% of them are aircon types.

I've *personally* removed atleast a dozen sumps from various PSA 2.0 litre XU engines, with and without aircon, and I've never yet found one that doesn't have a baffled sump in it. That includes XU10J2 (2.0 8v), XU10J2TE (2.0 Turbo), XU10J4 (S16), XU10J4R (2.0 16v) and XU10J4RS (GTi-6), from all manner of cars including 306's, ZX's, Xantia's, 405's and 406's.

davev

old thread i know. but i was wondering if it was only the xu10 engines that have the baffle.

it just ive finally found a scrapyard that will part with a sump but the car it will come off is an r-reg xsara 1.8 vts with aircon. is there any chance that this will have the baffled sump or the same oil pump as the xu10?

cheers. dave.

davev

does anyone have anyideas on the 1.8 16v engine? or if the pump is the same?

Anthony

I've never personally stripped one to confirm, but the Parts CD seems to suggest that atleast some 1.8 16v engines do have a baffled sump and oil-pump baffle fitted as standard

davev

cheers ill give it a go, the worst is ill be selling a alloy sump on here as theres no baffel lol

Sign in to follow this