• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Batfink

405 Supertouring Throttlebodies

Batfink

My Supertouring throttlebodies arrived and they are certainly some beefy items!

The throttlebodies have a plastic/nylon spacer between them and the inlet manifold, then again there is another between the inlet manifold and the engine - a way of adjusting the inlet for different tracks and engine maps maybe?

Inlet manifold is as straight as I think you could possibly get - not sure whether the thottlebody unit is custom made as the width is very similar to the puma tb's I have lying around and I havent taken the Longmans inlet manifold off my engine to compare angles..

I have no idea what the size of the tb's are just yet so need to get a tapemeasure on them

Will certainly be interesting to see how different the power graph will be though I have no doubt that they are far from ideal for a near standard engine as i have currently

Here are some pics!

DSCF0303.jpg

DSCF0305.jpg

Doof

Not doing things by half are you mate? :wacko:

Interesting stuff.

Batfink

Once I got offered them I was too curious so had to get them

Would be nice if I actually got round to building the car lol But half the fun is certainly just studying the engineering and design of these parts :wacko:

Looking at how they are put together there is a possibility of improvement - the throttle butterflies are attached using long screws compared to the Puma thottlebodies so would interupt the flow of air more, so shorter ones may be worth getting..

Edited by Batfink

Sandy

Look like Jenvey TH bodies to me?

Batfink

certainly similar but looking at the Jenvey site they are not quite the same

http://www.jenveydynamics.co.uk/drawings/index.htm

probably are made by jenvey though! I had an old set of Jenvey's on my car a few years back and they didnt look familiar when i opened the box.

Edited by Batfink

kyepan

would like to get a look at those, compared to the pulsar ones, especially for the maifold. how does injector position affect torque etc again?

James_R

What's the angle like on the maniold from head face to bodies face, look like it's flat (so they point up out the bonnet) or maybe it's the picture, they look chuffing huge though :)

Baz

Yup certainly look alot bigger than the puma ones! Nice bit of kit, bet they set you back a bit!

What are you doing with the Puma ones then Kev?? :)

Oh, and slightly OT, but any chance of that bonnet back soon...? :)

Sign in to follow this