• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kevp's 205gti

Just A Quicky About Gti-6 Conversion

kevp's 205gti

hi so im still in prosess of doing my gti-6 conversion from my 1900cc 205 gti and i have sold my 1900 gti lump its going sat is there anything i need to hang onto for the conversion that i have missed?

also i have not looked but where is the ECU?

i have kept the 205 loom

205 drive shafts is there anything else i need before i go and sell it?

danpug

Ecu is under the dash on the drivers side, you can see it through the hole. Unless you are keeping the 205 gearbox i don't think theres anything else you will need.

Mikey S

hold on to the lower engine mount as im pretty sure the 306 one will be different. (was on my 2.0 turbo from an xm).

smighall

Engine mount is the same ;)

kate205gti

alternator and starter motor if you mean ancilleries? ;)

jackherer
hold on to the lower engine mount as im pretty sure the 306 one will be different. (was on my 2.0 turbo from an xm).

The 2.0 turbos use a different (non BE) gearbox with the diff and driveshafts further back which is why they have the different engine mount (the driveshaft intermediate bearing is in a different place). 306 with XU engines all use BE gearboxes so the mounts are the same as 205s.

kevp's 205gti

cheers guys thanks very much no i have the box and anciliries and mounts so thanks for all your help.

whizzer71

Keep the Alternator tensioner,You can use it in a really neat way to get good tensioner set up for the auxillary belt,Do a search detail on here some where !

Tris

Sign in to follow this