• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
damo

Seat Adjustment

damo

Ideally I would like to get the drivers seat back further. If possible 1-2 inches so it basically touches the back seats.

Does anyone have any pointers, or knows for the seat runners and fixings can be moved back at all.

THis would allow my long legs to last longer on a long run!!

GLPoomobile

If your legs are really that long then I'd love to know how the hell you fit your head in without having to have the sunroof open! :D

Sorry, no sensible advice from me on your question :(

welshpug

I cant imagine anyone that can fit in there without their head out the sunroof if they needed the seat further back, I know henry yorke is 6'4 and Phill Day 6'8 (PSOOC members) Henry has a CTi, and Phil has a rally car so he fits in there with a helmet on! with no issues with needing the seat further back.

have you checked that you have a good seating position? i.e make sure that you can push the clutch fully without pushing down on the seat base, then adjust the backrest until your outstretched arms are resting on the steering wheel by your wrists (make sure that your shoulders are square on the seat back and not hunched)

steve@cornwall
I cant imagine anyone that can fit in there without their head out the sunroof if they needed the seat further back, I know henry yorke is 6'4 and Phill Day 6'8 (PSOOC members) Henry has a CTi, and Phil has a rally car so he fits in there with a helmet on! with no issues with needing the seat further back.

have you checked that you have a good seating position? i.e make sure that you can push the clutch fully without pushing down on the seat base, then adjust the backrest until your outstretched arms are resting on the steering wheel by your wrists (make sure that your shoulders are square on the seat back and not hunched)

Damo's is a cti, too! IIRC there are no spacers under the driver's seat on this one - so it may not slide as far back as it could due to fouling the carpet.....

Daxed

My G/F has often told me that she wished I had 1 or 2 inches extra in order to reach 'the back seats'.

damo

shame it doesnt have any spacers !

wORTH AN ASK : :excl:

Sign in to follow this