• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest feets1974

1.9 Gti 205 Wont Start No Spark!

Guest feets1974

Hey people wonder if anyone can help with this one.

Had my pug for about 2 months now and it has been running superb, then the other day out of nowhere it just died as i was driving along. Stopped and tried to restart but to no avail. Left it for 10mins and started straight away, so drove on for another mile or so, it died again. Managed to get it started again just about made it home, now the car will not start at all.

I have come to the conclusion that it is definately electrical and not fuel related as there is no spark. Battery is fine and engine cranks over ok, had coil tested ok, replaced ignition amplifier.

Am running out of ideas, would appreciate any help that any of you may able to offer before i bite the bullet and call the auto electrician out.

Regards

simonb

fuel pump relay under the steering column or the coil breaking down. Do a search for the first item - been covered loads.

steve@cornwall
fuel pump relay under the steering column or the coil breaking down. Do a search for the first item - been covered loads.

Have you checked the wiring from dizzy to amp? Particularly weak as it exits the dizzy.

What age is your car? coil mounted on inner wing or manifold, and clip or screw on dizzy cap?

Rob_the_Sparky

Also could easily be an ignition amp problem

Sign in to follow this