• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M_R_205

Alarm Woes

M_R_205

started trying to sort out my new car, and decided the alarm had to go (dot have a fob or anyting for it!) so started tracing all the wires and cutting them out but then i came acros this,

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/con...gh/DSC00054.jpg

does anybody have any idea what ishould do with it, the black wire goes to the alarm but im un-sure of the other two, should i just cut the black wire and leave it?

Also i found this wire which goes from the ignition wiring throuugh the bulkhead to under the inlet manifold, im guessing its part of the alam but again, un sure!!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/con...gh/DSC00044.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k296/con...gh/DSC00047.jpg

Any ideas would be a great help

Paul

M@tt

The first pic looks like it might be conencted to 2 earth wires so its probably an earth wire for the alarm. It looks like they've used a chunkier wire which would help grounding so that probably makes sense.

Second lot of pics are probably the wire going to the starter solenoid again most alarms have 2 immobuilisation circiuts one prevents the starter from turning and the other the fuel pump. See if you can see if it the wire does indeed go to the star motor.

HTH

M_R_205

on the first pic what do you think the grey wire is for?? as if it was an oe earth would it not be green/yellow?? il have a look at the starter tonight, and the fuel pump,

Thanks

Paul

M@tt

ah sorry it mush have been my eyes :D

do you know what make the alarm is? mght help in trying to find an install manual to decipher wire clours (possibly)

can you unwrap the tape round them and see whether they are 3 seperate wires or whether they are joined together?

with alarms you generally have

a constant power feed

a switched power feed

1 or more earth wire connections

2 or more wires going to your ultrasonics sensors (depending on numebr of sensors but in general 2)

2 x 2 wires for immobilisation circuits

Wth the immobilisation circuits what will happen is you have a wire going to the start motor soleniod for example. This will have been cut in half somewhere under\behind the dash and now these 2 ends of this wire will have then been joined to the 2 wires of one of the immobilisation circuitsso that the wire now basically routes through the alarm/immobiloiser box. the same would happen for the wire which feeds the fuel pump or prehaps the ecu depending on who wired it up.

So what you want to do is find these 4 wires for the 2 immobilisation circuits (assuming it has 2 circuits) cut these wires and rejoin the original wires together again. Now depending on how professiosnlly it was installed you are not simply supposed to just cut the wire and join it to the alarm wires right next to each other , you should really remove a section out of the origianl wire so that a potential tief simply couldnt touch the 2 wires back together. so you might find you have the wires joining in different places.

Hope my ramblings make some sense. In essence youu really need to identify what each wire is before you start cutting it. so really you're going to have to trace each of the wires from the alarm , find where they connect to and use the haynes manual to look up wire numbers if your not sure. if you're stuck post up your findings and i'm sure i can help. but bascially we need to know where each one goes

Edited by M@tt

M_R_205

Digging this back up, belive it or not the weekend was the first chance iv had to do any more work to this car! any way, the first pic was indeed the door open sensor, thanks antony, and the seccond pics were indeeed starter imobilisation (sp) thanks matt ;)

Well i did a quick fix on all the wires that have been broken, nothing permenant incase there was a problem.. and there is!

The thing now wont start, the fuel pump pumps but the starter dosent start!

now i THINK this wire is for the starter solonoid and iv a funny feeling its not giving the solonoid enough juice, what do you think??

whatisthiswirefor.jpg

(by the way when i tryed to start it everyhting was back together lol!!!)

Edited by M_R_205

Sign in to follow this