• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Kennyb

Wandering 205

Kennyb

Cars wandering at 50+ fitted new wishbones and just had mot also no uneven wear on tyres or bent subframe, could it be steering rack? would a knacked rack create this problem? How do i check for a knacked rack?

Cheers <_<

RichF

When you replaced the wishbones did you replace the hub carriers too ? (the hole for the wishbone ball joint might be worn/oval etc.)

Dan Ingram

Its worth having your tracking checked for the cost of it.

McPikie
When you replaced the wishbones did you replace the hub carriers too ? (the hole for the wishbone ball joint might be worn/oval etc.)

Are they really bad for going oval? Got to change my bottom arms soon and don't fancy having to do hub carriers and wheel bearings too

RichF
Are they really bad for going oval? Got to change my bottom arms soon and don't fancy having to do hub carriers and wheel bearings too

Mine did, I changed the wishbones and there was still play in the joint (it was fully tightened) so I had to change the hub carriers too, I got them secondhand and the bearings were fine so it was pretty straightforward and not too expensive.

Kennyb
Mine did, I changed the wishbones and there was still play in the joint (it was fully tightened) so I had to change the hub carriers too, I got them secondhand and the bearings were fine so it was pretty straightforward and not too expensive.

Checked wishbones again today and they're seems alittle bit of play in one again ??? how much are hub carriers? and how do i make sure im not just buying some more fubared ones?

Cheers men :huh:

Arahan

Check the rear beam, and rear beam mounts too.

RichF
Checked wishbones again today and they're seems alittle bit of play in one again ??? how much are hub carriers? and how do i make sure im not just buying some more fubared ones?Cheers men :)
AutoFive supply a replacement hub carrier for £138+VAT, I got a secondhand one but can't remember how much it was, I think it was <£50. If you do go for a secondhand one from a scrappy or something then I suppose all you can do is check for play (if still on the car), have a look carefully at the 'socket' and make sure the bearing feels smooth etc. Edited by RichF

Sign in to follow this