• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
swordfish210

Gti-6/307 Hdi Brakes

swordfish210

Anyone know if the brakes in the title will fit on to base model hubs?

Jrod

Yes, anything that fits 1.9 will fit base.

swordfish210

sweet, brake upgrade here i come :unsure:

Jrod

To be fair a decent set of gti calipers should be good enough and you are saveing weight where it's quite important. :unsure:

swordfish210

well i'v got 1.6 calipers on there atm, and they're OK but not great

Anthony
well i'v got 1.6 calipers on there atm, and they're OK but not great

Most 1.6 calipers are knackered and give distinctly underwhelming performance - 1.9 calipers seem to age much better, and combined with a decent set of pads (something like Ferodo DS2500's or Mintex 1144's) should give plenty of braking performance on a light 205 that's not running mega power - certainly 1.9 caliper and DS2500's is all I run on my car, and it pulls up strongly and just doesn't fade on track

As Sam said though, base model hubs are the same offset as 1.9 ones, and hence any of the usual brake swaps will fit - 306 XSi/S16, GTi-6, 206 GTi, Berlingo, GTi-180/307 etc. You'll need different bolts though - the Bendix (1.6) caliper ones are too long for Bosch/Lucas calipers.

Bonzai

aye i wouldnt bother with 307 ones either

Jrod
As Sam said though

Ahem..... Jordan. :unsure:

Well I had 4 pot brembos and now have base model brakes, solid discs! using EBC red stuff and I love 'em, feel just as good as the brembos for fast road, Ideally i'd use 1.6 calipers but not allowed to change them for enduro rallying.

Edited by Jrod

Anthony
Ahem..... Jordan. :lol:

My bad :unsure: Right car, wrong owner....

swordfish210

mmmm ok maybe just a pair of Service/Exchange 1.6 calipers then. It would certanly suit my wallet better. I'm going to get some Pagid pads for the front to suit the ones on the back.

Anthony
mmmm ok maybe just a pair of Service/Exchange 1.6 calipers then.

Careful, as usually they don't refurb the sliders, the wear on which is the problem with 1.6 calipers giving poor stopping power (and knocking when reversing)

Simes

I've got some 1.9 calipers and discs kicking around if you fancy?

pm me.

Matt Holley

I have also got a couple of pairs of 1.9 calipers, let me know if you want them, I might have some dics and pads too.

Sign in to follow this