• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jord294

Rear Hatch Swap

jord294

hello all

done a search, but can't find what i'm looking for, hence this question.

currently got a 205 with major rust issues on it, and a nasty dent where the lock sits :blush:

i'd like to swap the hatch for one in a lot better condition, but not sure which way to go about it :wacko:

i know it's easy enough to undo the hinges, but whats the best way to go about removing washer pipe and wires.

i don't wanna butcher anything, i just wanna do a nice tidy job

cheers

Jrod

Wires unplug from behind the N/S brake light.

The pipe should just come out, I think it easier if you leave it in the tailgate and feed it through the car.

jord294

thanks

might give it a go if it stays dry long enough :)

Paintguy

Just to add, there are 2 types of hinges, one with a single bolt, and one with two, so look out for this when sourcing your replacement tailgate :)

As mentioned, the wires run all the way down the rear quarter to the area behind the nearside light cluster (a red, a white, and a yellow connector iirc) It's not too hard to get your hand in there to feed the wires, but to make it easier for yourself tie a piece of string to the old wires as you pull them out, then use this to pull the 'new' wires back down. Drop the rear section of the headlining to make your life easier still :D

Edited by Paintguy

jord294

thanks

very useful info

cheers

Sign in to follow this