• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timb1046

How Many Bolts?

timb1046

how many bolts and what thred type size etc are there holding the gearbox onto the engine? i seem to be missing a few and need to get some more. can they vibrate loose easily? the bell housing seems to have a 5mm gap between it and the engine! im assuming that this is definatly NOT normal!

cheers

Tim

jord294

iirc, you should have 6 bolts in total.

2 std hex shaped bolts, one directly on top and the other a little further round to the bulkhead

and 4 bolts which get fasten in with an allen key. 3 of them are fixed starter side, and the other one fixed about 90 degrees bulkhead side

pug_ham

There are only four bolts holding the gearbox to the engine, the starter bolts are just for the starter & don't hold the gearbox to the engine.

Graham.

jord294

i stand corrected :)

timb1046

anybody know the thread type the bolts are??

cheers

Tim

Pob
anybody know the thread type the bolts are??

cheers

Tim

I'd go to Peugeot and order some new ones... with any luck they might have them in stock

Dan

Rob_the_Sparky

From memory M10 but I can't be 100% sure of that

pug_ham

Yes, they are M10 & a mixture of three hex head & one Allen / socket bolt type for the back of the block / gearbox flange.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this