• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Swazy

Wiring 309 Mi16 Into 205

Swazy

Dear,

i searched already but found nothing helpful.

What have i to change on the loom out of late 309 MI16 to connect it with the rest loom in my 205?

de Noir

You mean 309 GTI 16V

You don't have to change anything, just plug and play.

j_turnell

The coil and starter wires maybe swapped round as for some reason they did this on the later cars, otherwise plug and play i would have thought.

Swazy
The coil and starter wires maybe swapped round as for some reason they did this on the later cars, otherwise plug and play i would have thought.

Nice, but what´s it about connection under dashboard?

Swazy
Its all been covered here recently - http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...c=82460&hl=

Ah ok, thanks. But another question, would there be a problem while using loom out of 309 mi16, i mean with sensors etc?

Cause gti loom has an own loom sensors, and the mi16 doesn´t have?!

I´m using gti loom in my mi16 conversion, but as someone knows it doesn´t work.

Now i recieved a loom out of a 309 mi16

jackherer

An Mi16 loom should have the wires for all the sensors a 205 can use (and one or two more). A BX 16V loom on the other hand doesn't have an integrated sensor loom and the best solution then is to make up a new loom with new plugs and new wiring as it is only eight or nine wires.

Did you not get the sensor wiring from the 309?

Swazy
An Mi16 loom should have the wires for all the sensors a 205 can use (and one or two more). A BX 16V loom on the other hand doesn't have an integrated sensor loom and the best solution then is to make up a new loom with new plugs and new wiring as it is only eight or nine wires.

Did you not get the sensor wiring from the 309?

Well the loom out of the 309 mi16 i just recieved is complete with sensor loom. i asked cause i read something about this in a german forum. They meant there could be problems to connect everything.

jackherer

What years were both the 205 and 309 made?

If they are both newer than about 1988 then it should all plug straight in.

Swazy
What years were both the 205 and 309 made?

If they are both newer than about 1988 then it should all plug straight in.

They are newer than 1988.

Hilgie

Straight swap...no soldering required. Just plugs into the two brown connectors under the dash.

Swazy
Straight swap...no soldering required. Just plugs into the two brown connectors under the dash.

So i don´t have to change the connections of the MI-loom?! That´s good. So i hope my car will start then. With the loom out of a late Gti it won´t. :)

Swazy
So i don´t have to change the connections of the MI-loom?! That´s good. So i hope my car will start then. With the loom out of a late Gti it won´t. :huh:

As i see, my new loom is not out of an 309 Gti16, it´s seems that´s out of an 405 MI16.

Cause the cable with the connector for the ecu is such long, and its got a brown and a black plug. is that possible?

So i searched already the forum and found a lot of wiring tips

But how to get that long loom into my small 205? Any pics out there?

Edited by Swazy

Swazy
As i see, my new loom is not out of an 309 Gti16, it´s seems that´s out of an 405 MI16.

Cause the cable with the connector for the ecu is such long, and its got a brown and a black plug. is that possible?

So i searched already the forum and found a lot of wiring tips

But how to get that long loom into my small 205? Any pics out there?

Does anybody has an link loom left for me?

pug_ham

Don't use a link loom, just find the wires you need & join them directly into the 205 loom.

The 405 loom isn't massively to long to fit into a 205, they fit nicely without to much extra wiring left bulked up anywhere.

Graham.

Swazy
Don't use a link loom, just find the wires you need & join them directly into the 205 loom.

The 405 loom isn't massively to long to fit into a 205, they fit nicely without to much extra wiring left bulked up anywhere.

Graham.

Did you left the ecu in the dashboard / glovebox? Or did you put it under the bonnet?

pug_ham

My ecu is in the standard 205 place under the dashboard.

You only need to find & join five wires to fit it into a 205 GTi.

Graham.

Miles

The 405 loom is bar far the best fitting one, I move all the wires inc sensor's by stripping all the tape off the loom and feeding it back along the main body and come out in the normal place for the 205 plug's behind the bulkhead, Using the 205 grommet for the loom.

Link looms as said are a bodge and leed to too many connections, But have a search and you'll find all the info you could need

Swazy
The 405 loom is bar far the best fitting one, I move all the wires inc sensor's by stripping all the tape off the loom and feeding it back along the main body and come out in the normal place for the 205 plug's behind the bulkhead, Using the 205 grommet for the loom.

Link looms as said are a bodge and leed to too many connections, But have a search and you'll find all the info you could need

Dear Miles, well i searched already and found the diagramms to connect the 405 loom, so thank god that i found this forum :lol:

It´s just that i thought this 405 llom is that damn long. So i hope my mi16 will turning over this time with the new loom

If not, i´ll burn it up :mellow:

Sign in to follow this