• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eddie bullit

Next Step?

eddie bullit

Should have my pug back soon from the bodyshop and want to know what you recommend for the next step.. Should I leave it for a while before refitting bumpers etc and what wax treatments you recommend for miami blue ..

Cheers guys.

Redtop

Let the car be and don't polish or wax it for at least a week. The paint needs time to set right. You could go ahead and fit your bumpers etc but be careful around the body. Use some masking tape in places if you think your likely to damage the paintwork when fitting parts to the car. I'd use a 3m finnesses it, autoglym super resin polish and then a wax called collinite 476s. Always worked well on my blue 206 gti180. :)

http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/index.php?p...Cat&catId=3

eddie bullit
Let the car be and don't polish or wax it for at least a week. The paint needs time to set right. You could go ahead and fit your bumpers etc but be careful around the body. Use some masking tape in places if you think your likely to damage the paintwork when fitting parts to the car. I'd use a 3m finnesses it, autoglym super resin polish and then a wax called collinite 476s. Always worked well on my blue 206 gti180. :)

http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/index.php?p...Cat&catId=3

Thanks for that mate that sounds like good advice to me. I heard that even though it is baked it will still require a period to harden, so you've reinforced that cheers.Collinite polish is supposed to bevery good would you rate it above poorboys and the like?

Redtop

Not really into trying all the different types of polishes etc but I was recommended it by a friend. I also have some jeffs wax stuff but I find the collinite easier to work with, and lasts longer. I think it's just preference really at the end of the day. I use that poorboys wheel sealent stuff and I like it.

Roman

and dont wash him with ani agresive autoshampoo (bevare of automatic carvash)

eddie bullit
and dont wash him with ani agresive autoshampoo (bevare of automatic carvash)

Cheers chaps... I would'nt take my van through a car wash never mind my pug.I did do once in my 1984 1.2 gl nova saloon ( what a classic!!) :D and the track took a big chunk out of the sidewall.. dont laugh it was my first car. I always hand wash, all car washes seem to do is eat tyres , scratch paint work and still comes out the other end dirty. not cheap either.Only for lazy b stards who have no enthusiasm for cars. :lol:

Sign in to follow this