• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
PhilCTI

Who Else Is Too Embarrassed To Use Their Horn!

PhilCTI

My horn must be one of the weediest sounding things I've heard, it should be on on a moped! :)

any suggestions for a cheap upgrade, it needs to sound a bit more mean than it currently does,

TurboSam

the horn on my gti is really good, is yours the twin horn type? and do they both work?

my brother's xs has a singe horn and sounds a bit gay

Anthony

Just get the horn from something like a Volvo in a scrappy.

205 GTi horn is actually fine, so I'm guessing that you've lost the low-tone on yours, and it's thus sounding like it should be on a noddy car...

ashley peddle

i had carbs on my last 205 - louder and more offensice than most horns... :)

Atari Boy

The previous owner of my 1.6 fitted a very French sounding two tone job which is great. The jack in now in the boot though....

I like the Volvo idea.

jackherer

Stebel Nautilus, 139dB and about £10-15 brand new.

sutol

Dukes of Hazard ??

Maybe not :)

Super Josh
Stebel Nautilus, 139dB and about £10-15 brand new.

:)

C_W

Get a set of twin tone eletronic horns, that's what I've fitted to my 205 years ago after the orignial air horns were never reliable.

CaptainK

My 1.9 GTi original horns are fantastic ! After using them I can't bring myself to use the ultra-rubbish horn in my FTO. Thankfully I have a set of triple air horns to fit in it soon. Got them off my grandad which he had fitted to some old car - needless to say they are LOUD. :)

jackherer
All those sugestions are rubbish ;) you want one of these!! You will never be embarrassed to use this if somegit cuts you up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS1t1MQr9pQ

Without clicking that I am assuming it is the ferry horn video..... :D

I saw some kids in a fiesta driivng round chelmsord trying to copy it the other day, they had a fairly loud horn but it wasn't louder than their laughter which defeated the point somewhat :)

(edit: I clicked it and its not the same one - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gSsMYjQVnY )

Edited by jackherer

jackherer

ebay item: 110196621385

welshpug

my original horn is fine after some work, IIRC the 1.6 had just the electric type and the 1.9 got the snail type airhorn, some had the twin trumpet horn like the 309 and 405.

PhilCTI

Oh I've started something now! thanks for all the replies,

you definitely wouldn't feel a softy with one of those train horns, although were starting to stray into the phallic "how big is yours" territory!

theres some good cheap options there to look at as well, thanks

I think turbosam and Anthony are right about I've lost one of the twin horns and thats why it sounds so wimpy

Phil.

KRISKARRERA

Mine's pathetic. It's like an imitation fart. Not the kind where you poke your tongue out and blow a raspberry, but more the kind where you bring your lips together and blow.

Alan_M

The twin trumpet setup found in the 309 fits a 205. I had on one on my old 205.......

Another part that can be robbed off a 309 before it goes to the scrapyard :D

Simes
The twin trumpet setup found in the 309 fits a 205. I had on one on my old 205.......

Another part that can be robbed off a 309 before it goes to the scrapyard :rolleyes:

It does indeed and also the twin horns you can buy in Halfrauds do too. They use the same compressor as OE.

Air horns need to be used, lack of use and damp they stop working.

Dream Weaver

Stebel Nautilus as jackherer says, nothing compares to them :unsure:

PhilCTI

Thanks guys,

I think a Stebel Nautilus could be on my Christmas list!

Have any of you seen RV (Runaway Vacation) with Robin Williams, my kids love it and there's a gorgeous old 50's american bus which has musical horns which plays the start of the original Star Trek TV series, thats what my wife wants!

jackherer
Have any of you seen RV (Runaway Vacation) with Robin Williams, my kids love it and there's a gorgeous old 50's american bus which has musical horns which plays the start of the original Star Trek TV series, thats what my wife wants!

OMG no.

http://www.carcoverkingdom.com/musical-horns/

ccgoose

i've just re-wired mine and its utterly poo, but i'm never really going to use it anyway

Jer309GTi
Stebel Nautilus as jackherer says, nothing compares to them :)

I've had one of those for a while, certainly does the job. Though I'm getting another one to go on the other side of the car for maximum effect!

Sign in to follow this