• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ren

How Do You Mount The Seatbelt Clasp

Ren

Ok, last night i decided to strip the interior out of my car to dry out due to a water leak, while the drivers seat was out I stripped the subframe down and removed the tilt bit of the mech to give me a bit of extra headroom. Unfortunately when it came to refitting the seat I realised that the seatbelt clasp mounts to the bit I removed. I've done a search but couldn't find any info on what to do.

So does anyone have any ideas on how to fit it back in the car?

Cheers, Ren.

Atari Boy

I have put a 5 door sub frame in my car as I had headroom issues also. I found that even without the spacers I didn’t gain enough extra height. I though the buckle thing was attached to two of the spacers and therefore you need to angle grind off the metal spacers and you should be there. I think there is a good how to guide on the main website.

Ren

On the 3 door mech the buckle is bolted to the side of the tilt part. I've removed it and it has left nowhere for it to now bolt to. Going to have to make a new bracket for it somehow but was hoping someone had done it before.

Ren.

Gentrix

On the 5 door models, there is a seperate mounting plate.

And I think it is No. 5 in this picture. If it is the right one, it´s only about 15 Euro from Peugeot.

2F89D01A.gif

pug_ham

It is item #5 in the above picture, I use these on my car which has a five door subframe on the drivers seat but I ground the spot welds holding the spacers you can see on it so it sat down lower & I only needed washers to space it up so it was level all round. :)

You need to bend it out slightly to clear the seat with the spacers removed but thats easily done with a solid surface (garage floor) & a lump ghammer.:D

Graham.

Ren

Excellent. Thanks everyone for your help. Looks like I'll be on the way to order one then.

Cheers again, Ren.

Sign in to follow this