• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pp205

Mi16 Head Bolts Too Big?

pp205

Evening,

I have been busy tonight finishing off my head and was about to put it back on the block with a new set of BGA headbolts that I purchased from ALS Motorspares in Exeter. Anyway, after sliding the spacers onto the bolts I put them into the shaft and they will not sit right and seem to get stuck as the lip that runs around the top of the bolt is literally 1 or 2 mm too big! I was just wondering if anyone else has had any problems like this?

I double checked the label on the front of the box and it lists the various engine types and sizes and it does state XU9 and 1905cc along with XU5, XU7, etc, etc so I assume they should have been fine!

I wasn't in too good a mood anyway as my Mi16 clutch that I went to pick up earlier had been ordered under the wrong Valeo code and they ended up ordering one for a FORD BLOODY TRANSIT!!! ;)

Sandy

I've just checked the Peugeot parts data and there's two types listed for the 8v, one of which is also listed for the Mi16, but the other isn't. So one 8v type is "universal", but the other presumably isn't. I'm guessing you've got the latter?

pp205

Thanks for that Sandy, I will have to see if I can get a refund, I guess if I take one of the old ones down with me I can check the fit. Nothing is ever easy with Peugeots is it?!!

M@tt

i had this with BGA headbolts from GSF. I found i had about 4 or so bolts that just wouldn't go in the holes(had me puzzled for a bit) i just filed the lip down slightly and they then dropped in OK. I guess their manufacturing tolerances can't be that tight :s

Miles

Same thing, found that all too often so never use them anymore, But juch cleaning up the edges is fine

James_m

I also had that. So fustrating when you dont have access to grinding tools!

pp205

I took them back in the end and got a refund which was good of them as the box was filthy and I had already put the grease on the bolts but just cleaned it off again!

Phoned Euro Car Parts which is just down the road and they had a set which they put back for me. Went there this morning to pick them up and the guy went out the back to get them and came back with 1 bolt :rolleyes:

He didn't have a clue where the other 9 had gone so now I have a set that should be arriving on monday!

Also tried Peugeot which was a mistake as they wanted £56 + vat :) It's criminal for them to charge that much!!

Dave_McC

I got some head bolts a while ago for my Mi16 which I've been meaning to check for a while that they are the right ones - packaging does not mention the D6C engine, but they are suitable for BX1.9 XU92C - D2A/159A/D2E and various 205s but all 1.6s including XU51C - B1A/A and XU5M - B1E/B2C/BDY/BDZ. They are Payen part No HBS038.

Have I got the wrong bolts?

Cheers

Dave

Sign in to follow this