• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kenan

Mi16 Over Fuelling, Kangarooing And Rough On Idle

kenan

I am having problems with my MI16 converted 205 where it is over fueling out the exhaust. Also when driving it is kangarooing and at idle the car just sounds rought but seems to hold a constant idle speed? On a side not she is getting hot on motorways but have a replacement radiator on the way but could be linked.

Any ideas where I should start be looking? I was thinking HT leads as these were on the engine when I had it installed?

Stu
I am having problems with my MI16 converted 205 where it is over fueling out the exhaust. Also when driving it is kangarooing and at idle the car just sounds rought but seems to hold a constant idle speed? On a side not she is getting hot on motorways but have a replacement radiator on the way but could be linked.

Any ideas where I should start be looking? I was thinking HT leads as these were on the engine when I had it installed?

Have your replaced the coolant temp sensor mate? mine overfuelled to the point it wouldnt start, replaced the sensor and away it went. My sensor tested fine when stone cold too, but as soon as it got a little bit of heat the resistance went through the roof!

jodycraw

Would a faulty temp sensor also make it idle too high???

kenan
Have your replaced the coolant temp sensor mate? mine overfuelled to the point it wouldnt start, replaced the sensor and away it went. My sensor tested fine when stone cold too, but as soon as it got a little bit of heat the resistance went through the roof!

Not yet. How much are these and where are they on the block?

pee vee

just a thought, as i have similar problems with mine at the mo... came to a head tonight when it started spluttering..

go out in the pitch pitch black. open the bonnet and start it up.. see if you can see a lightning storm. lol

I could! my coil appears to have a crack in it or something, and is arcing all over the show.. couldnt notice it in the light though..

just a thought.

kenan

I'm selling the car to my sister (I know) so want everything to be spot on for her. Two things to change :) any more?

Sign in to follow this