• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GazRallye

406 1.8 16v

GazRallye

A friend has asked me to look at their 'R' plate 406 with a 1.8 16v, this engine looks remarkably like the mi16 lump, so i'm guessing its an XU of sorts.

I've done a headgasket change on my 205 xs, so I said it shouldn't be too different from mine :)

Can anyone tell me if this will be an alloy or iron lump?

Will I have to disconnect the fuel lines and any point and if so, how do I go about de-pressurising the fuel lines?

I will be changing the cambelt too, as it might as well be done while its in pieces, does it need to be set at TDC before doing this?

Is there anything that I should be especially aware of?

Sandy

It's an alloy block XU 16v. It's not a difficult HG change.

The fuellines don't need to be disconnected, just unbolt and prise out the fuelrail and injectors complete, then put to one side.

The timing dowel holes are at 90 degrees from TDC iirc. Follow the Haynes method on the cambelt.

GazRallye

Cheers, I'll have to see if i can find a haynes in my local library or something

GazRallye

I haven't been able to get hold of a haynes, can anyone tell me the tightening sequence of the head bolts and cam covers?

cheers

Sign in to follow this