• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
AndyR

Which Way Round Do 1.9 Compensators Go?

AndyR

Need to know which way round they go, mine have a groove around them 2 thirds of the way across the body, need to where and which way round they go, as am converting from a 1.6 setup.

Wurzel

The line two thirds down the body goes inline so that it is closer to the mastercylinder.

The line two thirds downt the body is the inlet end

The line two thirds down the body is closer to the centre of the car

Hope one of these descriptions helps you. I would have taken pics but the camera is in the other car!

Wurzel

As for where on the car they are:

The rear brake pipes come from the centre-ish part of the car out towards the sill just in front of the fuel tank.

The pipes then run up over the outer edge of the fuel tank to a flexible pipe fixed on a mounting point above the rear beam.

There are a few threads about getting the pipes over the fuel tank. I personally used masking tape to protect the pipe ends and unions. Tied on a piece of string to the union ( not pipe) and jabbed it through from the front of the fuel tank to the rear. Hooked out piece of string and then with a bit of wiggling and brute force pulled the pipe through.

don't forget it will need clipping so as not to rub on anything for it to guarantee an MOT pass!

Ahl

Im sure mine had an arrow on them when I replaced them!

Could be wrong though.

AndyR

Mine are too mucky to see any marks apart from the deep score mark around the end of the compensator, i dont know anyone with a 1.9 to look at and copy.

Guest cti

u can keep the 1,6 compensator.

i use the 1,6 into my rear disk brake conversion and i have really no problem.

max

:D

Sign in to follow this