• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jas-E

Mi16 Cam Cover

jas-E

hey guys,

I have finished rebuilding my mi16 engine, and was going to fit the timing belt when i realised i forgot to put in the back of the cambelt cover which needs to be put in place before bolting the cams down in the head!! i know i deserve to be shot for that....!!but hey, atleast i remembered before putting the belt in..!! :)

Anyway, there is no way it will fit in with the cams in position physically. Are there any suggestions on how it can be done without removing the cams, as i dont want to touch them!! Maybe cut out the inner part of the cover so that it can fit over the cams with alot of bending...??

Cheers

Jas

C_W

Yea, you could just cut the middle out, it should still bolt up, I think if you cut the centre rib (from memory) you should still be able to bolt it up properly (not sure if you can getto the bolts though with the pulleys in place!).

jas-E

heymate,

I cut the centre rib out when first, and tried squeezing it in, but it wouldnt go past the pulleys. Guess i will have to cut the middle bit out more. Im sure i can get to the bolts as i remember removing them while the cams were still in position.

cheers mate

jerseypug

i just take the pullies of the cams then fit it. i hold the cams with a spanner then loosen the pully nut. the cams dont usually move if you are gentle and if they do it is only a little bit.

Sign in to follow this