• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eurotrash

Poor Tick Over When Cold And Kangroo Tastic

Guest Eurotrash

Hi guys

I'm having a bit of a problem with my newly purchased 205 (actually just got it last night) when i picked the car up i found that the car refused to idle from cold after much swearing near misses and flucky footwork the car sorted itself out and started to idle fine. Then after a fair journey I pulled up at a set of traffic lights and thought i would see what these little beauty's went like revved through first fine into secound and the car went bannanas and really started lurching and kangarooing. Now the bloke i bought the car off did say that he thought the AFM was gone as someone had taken off the tamper proff top but would this cause these problems??? Please reply in simple english as i am no profesinal mechanic and am no good with abreviations :) .

Thanks for you time

Allan

Rob_the_Sparky

Try a few searches based on poor idle. It is commonly caused by:

"Tuning" for 95 RON fuel (boggo unleaded) - this results in a retarded ignition, not good for the idle

Rich mixture - can be a combination of things one of which is the AFM (Air Flow Meter)

Air leaks after the AFM can also upset the mixture

AFMs are tweakable but only with care. You can look on the articles on the main site as well as search on the forum...

Rob

Sign in to follow this