• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
vern

Uprating Torsion Bars

vern

Will uprating the torsion bars prevent/alliviate the problem of the rear end squating down and the front end lifting under hard acceleration.

As currently when i accelerate hard the front end becomes very light and unstable.

Sandy

Yes, provided you fit appropriate dampers at the same time. This is one of the reasons uprating the bars is preferable to uprating the ARB.

vern

I have gaz adjustables, so they should be fine.

I don't want to go to thick with the bars, 21mm maximum as I only really use the car on the road. Will that be enough? to stop some of the problem.

Sandy

I would say so, I found 20mm bars worked really well on my 205 Rallye, much better than 18.9mm GTi ones for "fast road" use.

vern

Thanks for help Sandy.

RossD

Talking of 20mm bars, where can you get these from in 205 fitment?

Cheers

Ross

Anthony
Talking of 20mm bars, where can you get these from in 205 fitment?

205 Parts can supply them in any size you want. More details in the Group Buy section.

C_W
Will uprating the torsion bars prevent/alliviate the problem of the rear end squating down and the front end lifting under hard acceleration.

As currently when i accelerate hard the front end becomes very light and unstable.

I would say you will get a good improvement by using stiffer shocks, not sure what you're running but some better shocks will prevent squat and front end lift on acceleration. I find my 205 doesn't squat so much; it seems the front lifts a bit but with Koni shocks all round it seems fine runnig standard torsion bars.

Sign in to follow this